Chapter 1

3rd Person

Heartbreak. Pain. That's all Percy felt when he saw the love of his life kissing someone else so passionately. He wanted to run away. He didn't know where he had gone wrong. What had he done to deserve this pain? The Fates really did hate him. No one cared about him. His friends had ditched him for an egoistic son of Ares. Maybe not all friends. Thalia was still there. But for Percy, it hurt so much to see the girl he loved, leave him. No, not leave him. Cheat on him. Maybe it wouldn't have hurt if she had told him. if she had broken up with him. But no. she had to hurt him. He slowly stepped back, not wanting to interrupt the kissing couple. After all he had done for them... this is how they rewarded him. with pain and misery. After everything he had gone through for that one Daughter of Athena. This was how she had rewarded him. By breaking his heart. He ran. He didn't take anything. He didn't write a note. He just ran. He ran all the way to his mother's house, hoping he could find comfort at least with his mortal family. But the fates really are cruel. There was no apartment. in its place was burnt, black building already crumbling down. The whole area was yellow taped. No tears came to his eyes. He just stared at the building, trying to hold on to good memories that he had in that place. That's it. his life was now officially over. He thought of killing himself, but Percy realised that he would never be able to do it. But he knew what to do. After the Giant War the Gods had asked their children if they had any wishes. Everyone had asked for a wish but Percy had insisted that he would wait and let them know of their wish later. Percy hailed a taxi and got in, "the Empire State Building". The receptionist was as boring as ever. "Give me the keys to the 600th floor." Percy said. "Kid, there is no 600th floor" the man said lazily. Percy got angry. he had run all the way to his mother's house. he was really, really exhausted. "look, here pal. I am the Saviour of Olympus, Son of Posiedon. Now, if you don't hand me the damn keys, I swear I will skewer you with my pen" Percy growled, waving riptide in front of the man's face. The man gulped before handing over the keys. Percy grabbed it opened the elevator. The elevator music was as horrible as Percy remembered it. there was ding and Percy stepped out of the elevator. He walked through the place, ignoring the stares that various nymphs and minor gods threw at him. The huge doors were suddenly opened and in entered the black haired teen, interrupting the council of the gods. "Who dares to interrupt?!" Zeus yelled (A/N: thought of putting thundered....) Percy said nothing, instead he Stood in front of the Sky God's throne, with his head bowed low. "Lord Zeus," he said, "I have decided what I want". "what is it, son?" Poseidon asked from his throne. "do you promise to do this for me.?" Percy asked. Zeus nodded. "then, I want to die." Percy said. Loud gasps were heard through the room. "why?" The sea God asked. Percy didn't say anything for a moment then he said, "because no one cares for me. My friends have ditched me for someone else. I caught Annabeth cheating on me with him. And everyone at camp hates me for no reason!. I ran away from there yesterday and came home but found out that mo-mom-" Percy choked, the pain of the loss finally taking a toll on him. "but what, hero?" Hestia asked from her fire. "mom's dead" he said, monotonously. Poseidon gave out a cry of despair before he got down and hugged his son. "And that's why I came here. I don't want to live anymore." Percy finished. Unknown to him Zeus and his daughter, Artemis had a telepathic conversation. "He's a great hero. we cannot let him die." Zeus said, "artemis, I want him to be your guardian, for the hunt." Artemis glared at her father. "No! We are perfectly fine to take care of ourselves, father!." Artemis yelled in his head. Zeus ignored her and turned to Percy. "Perseus Jackson," he said, "would you like to live if you are give a new life?" Percy looked up, stunned. he thought about it. "anywhere away from them is fine." he replied. Zeus nodded and said, "Then, would you like to be the guardian of the hunters of Artemis?".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! This is my fourth book! Hope ya'll like it!!!! Comment and vote please!!!! I won't update till I reach 10 votes.