Chapter Eleven: Wunjo

Calder woke in the morning sated and warm.

He was laying down, probably due to the large man that had him cuddled to his body.

Hemming's chest was what Calder saw the moment he opened his eyes. It was slowly rising and falling with the mans breaths, and Calder could not help the urge to place his hand there just to feel it.

Calder felt the wolf's heartbeat, slow and steady as he slept.

Calder's head was resting on the mans bicep, and Hemming's own head was on a rolled up blanket; most likely Calder's one that he did not use.

He stared at his mate unabashedly, taking in the mans beauty and masculine features. Calder removed his hand from Hemming's chest in order to grab onto a small braid nestled in the wolf's untamed beard.

"Thinking of growing your own?"

Calder giggled as Hemming sleepily whispered with his eyes still shut.

"I do not grow a lot of body hair. I could never get stubble, let alone a beard like yours." Calder whispered back and twisted the longer part of the hair around his finger.

Hemming only hummed and let Calder continue the touch with a small smile.

Calder eventually brought his other hand forward and put both of his palms against the others jaw. It would not take much to lower the man down to him and steal a kiss.

Calder let out a breath before doing just that; he was sure that Hemming would not mind.

Hemming's lips were warm against his own, and immediately responded to Calder's movements.

Calder's heart was thrumming happily against his ribcage, his face flushing a slight pink as he moved against Hemming's lips.

It did not go far, and only barely lasted long enough for Calder to feel Hemming's beard and mustache start to tickle his face.

Calder smiled and backed away, staring up at Hemming with joy; Hemming opened his eyes to return the look and smile.

"My handsome wolf." Calder cooed and rubbed a thumb against the mans cheekbone, leaning forward to give Hemming a last peck on the lips before removing his hands and sitting up.

The rest of the pack was sleeping; no doubt glad that they could sleep in now that they had arrived and could afford to catch up in their sleep.

Calder stood up and stretched, his joints popping loudly as he sighed.

He gave a smile towards Hemming, who was sitting up, before Calder was walking off towards a tree to take a piss.

Calder could feel that he was home. He could feel the ocean in the back of his mind and his pack before his eyes. Everything felt so much calmer in his mind.

He would need to explain to them what had happened while he was at sea, but he needed to think of what to say first.

Would he say he was a god first? Or tell them about the prophecy about Thor and Frigg and Loki? He supposed it would be best to start by explaining what had happened from the beginning.

Calder would tell them in order what he had learned; so that they received the story same as him.

Calder hummed as he walked back to the fire, a little tune stuck in his throat that he had never heard before. Hemming was still the only one awake, though he was holding Eira and talking so soft that Calder could not hear.

The man looked up as Calder returned, and whispered something to the babe that made her giggle in his arms; Calder had a sneaking suspicion that it was about him.