Chapter Thirteen: Uruz

A wet nose on the back of his neck is what woke Calder the next morning.

He had immediately jerked away from it, but was met with a warm furry wall.

Calder opened his eyes with a snap and sighed a bit when he saw that he was surrounded by wolves. It was morning at least, so Calder was not woken in the middle of the night.

Eira's basket was a wolf away now, what seemed like Halina was smooshed in between the two.

Calder sat up carefully, trying not to wake the wolves from their slumber; he had no idea how long that they had been out in the woods last night. Though, he should have thought about how Hemming was normally a light sleeper anyway, because the second that Calder moved the wolf was up to.

Calder chuckled and reached out to pet the wolf that was beside him; he smiled when the wold let out a pleased rumble, not unlike Jormungandr the other day.

Hemming nudged against Calder's shoulder so that Calder was facing away from him and Calder huffed while turning from the wolf so that he did not have to see Hemming shift.

"Goodmorning, my sweet."

Calder felt the mans arms come to circle around his waist and smiled.

"Goodmorning. Did you have a good night?" He questioned and leaned back on the naked chest behind him.

"It was wonderful. I see you and Eira did some woodwork." Hemming kissed the back of Calder's shoulder and nodded to the babes basket.

"Yes, I wanted her to have somewhere comfortable to lay while we built the house." Calder chuckled and rubbed a finger against Hemmings arm absently.

"Padma and Hale like it. We came back sometime during the night and were pleasantly surprised to see Eira coddled up in a new basket."

"Good. I figured if I could not continue to work I might as well still be busy." Calder said and shivered when Hemming skimmed his teeth over his clothed shoulder.

Hemming just hummed at the others words and lifted a hand to pull back the hair from Calder's neck, revealing the slightly pink flesh to his lips.

Calder sighed quietly when Hemming started to place kisses on whatever skin he could find; Calder made sure to tilt his head to allow the man to do so.

When Hemming bit gently at the juncture of his neck and shoulder, Calder let out a soft moan and his face flushed.

"Hemming... the pack."

Calder was breathing heavily as Hemming finally backed off with a final kiss and hum. Calder tried not to notice that his trousers were a tad tighter and the naked body pressed against his back.

"I cannot wait for a real bed." Hemming murmured against Calder's shoulder.

Calder let out a shaky sigh at the implications that the man was making.

"We should... we should eat and then start working."

Hemming only inhaled deeply against Calder's neck and gave the other a squeeze before letting go completely and standing.

Calder let out another sigh, deep and warm against the cool air; which did nothing to chill the blood that had rushed into his cheeks.

He heard Hemming pull on clothes behind him and stared at the five wolves that were still huddled together and sleeping.

Calder reached out a hand to pet Halina and hopefully gently wake her. It was time for the day to start anyway.

She did indeed wake and start wagging her tail with soft thumps, nudging her head against Calder's hand with a huff.