Chapter Twenty-Three: Skuldalið (Epilouge)

Jerrick remembered only a week after that.

He told Calder and Hemming that he knew of the things that he had done, and could feel guilt for those things, but they only mattered as much as he made them and he would not make them more than only memories of the past.

Jerrick continued to want to keep his birth name, though the gods that visited still called him Loki. Baldr has gotten over his past hostility easily after a talk on the beach, and now the two were just short of friends.

Thor visited the settlement once, and it was only once that took the two becoming as tight as brothers once more, though Thor has his own family off in the village to the north to care for.

Calder took Jerrick to see Jörmungandr once the two had figured he would be fine underwater, the Midgard serpent happy as could be to finally see his father after so many decades. Hela found Fenrir in a small boy to the south, as well as Sleipnir in a sweet older woman; Hela took in Fenrir and made sure Sleipnir had a place to go once she passed. The reunion with Jerrick brought tears to all of the packs eyes.

Jerrick found his mate in a shy young Ulfhednar girl after a fortnight of traveling, and the two had four pups together in the end.

Nadir and Halina also found their mates, Nadir with a human woman that lived in Thor's village, and Halina in a Ulfhednar man that tracked her down through scent. Halina had a girl babe with Rollo, but Nadir decided they were too old to be having children by the time he found Ragna.

Lagina decided she was much happier without a man or woman to tie her down. In her final days, she stayed as a wolf, and was given a proper burial as such.

When Hemming began growing old, Calder did not, and so when his husband finally passed, Calder left his body with his son and Padma, the only surviving member of the pack. They were given a burial together as Calder joined his mate in Valhalla, living and drinking with the gods as he finally rested.

Calder felt immense sadness leaving his pack, but knew that his son would make him proud even if he was not there to see it anymore.

It was because of a wound that he healed and found love.

He found love and acceptance and family. There could not be a better life that Calder could hope for.

It was the journey that allowed him to make a home, a Skuldalið.