Chapter Twenty-One: Algiz

The further Calder got into the pregnancy, the more he worried about the birth.

He had spoken to Padma, and they had said the surgery would be no issue. Though, Calder would have to be awake for it; having something as big as a child taken from your abdomen would surely be at least uncomfortable.

Hemming tried to console his husband as much as he could, but as the seventh month arrived, Calder did not especially want to listen to people anymore.

The snow had begun again, and the whole pack had been working to complete a barn and a second and third home.

Hale and Padma needed their own space to raise Eira, while Hemming and Calder wanted the same for raising Loki.

Halina, Nadir, and Lagina would stay in the house that was already made and have it all to themselves; none of them were upset by that.

The building of the houses did not take long, seeing as they only needed to be slightly smaller than the one they had once stayed in.

The barn was erected quickly as the livestock began breeding. The clearing was steadily being filled with all sorts of buildings. The farm was a big portion of said clearing, with all the vegetables and grain needed to feed both the pack and the animals.

Once the snow had started, the animals were kept in the barn and most of them were slaughtered. Calder, unfortunately, cried for nearly a whole day over one of the pigs he had became fond of.

Hemming and Calder were getting adjusted to living alone well enough.

They fucked almost every day; especially once Calder was heavy enough with child that he never wanted to get up from bed and only wanted Hemming to bring him food and touch him.

Soon enough, Calder would feel when the babe kicked at his stomach.

He was a strong pup, and although both Calder and Hemming delighted in the fact they could feel their child, Calder could feel the pain when the babe harshly kicked inside of him.

Hemming often resorted to humming against his belly so that their son would calm; Calder also was benefited from his husbands smooth and deep tone. It soothed both him and the babe when a kick had been particularly painful.

The significant change that had started happening later on in the pregnancy was Calder's development of small breasts.

The lack of chest hair and the way his hips had expanded were all put towards Calder feeling more and more like a woman. He hated it.

Calder liked being a male, and always thought of himself as such; it was a blow to his pride that he was now made in such a feminine way. In a way, he was excited to have the babe just so that his body would return to what he was used to.

But, even he could not deny he loved being able to have children.

Before Hemming, and the pack, Calder was not too interested in children and only ever thought that he would likely never have any.

Then there was Eira, and her little face that pulled on Calder's heartstrings like a bull. She was the one to make Calder so ecstatic to have his own babe to coddle.

It was a worth feeling like a woman for the better half of a year.

When it came time for the birth, it was only natural that both Calder and Hemming were thrumming with both anxiety and happiness.

Calder at first did not know that it was time for the birth; he had thought the pain was only the babe kicking at his stomach, but then the pains were down to his groin and not something he had ever felt before.