Day 34 Scent Training

Natsu was punching a rock and crushes it.Sigh,he's growing up so quickly.Oh yea I haven't taught him about scents." Natsu!"I call.He rushes over to me with a smile."I'm going to teach you how to track scents."I smile."Tracking scents?"he questions."Well,everything has a different type of smell.So you have to remember those scents."I explained."Really."he stares in amazement."Like the animals in the forest will have a different scent and animals of the same species have kinda the same scent that makes them unique."I continued.He nods."The best way to track a scent is to smell the air and catch that scent.Keep it in your memories."I explain.Natsu nods."Now close your eyes and take in my scent."I explain.He does as he's told and I go hide deep into the forest after he takes my scent."I..IGNEEL!!"He screams.I can hear him running my way."Igneel?"he calls stiffing the air."FOUND YOU!"he cheers.I pop my head out and...he was on the opposite side of the river pointing at a small deer.Sigh this is going to take a while.He turns around."IGNEEL!"He cries with tears in his eyes.He rushes towards me but trips on a rock and falls into the river.Gah not again. After I fished Natsu out,he stares at the ground with a sadden expression."What's the matter?"I ask leaning my head down to his level."I can't do it."he pouts.I chuckled."Can't do what?"I respond."Track scents.I can't do it.I can't pick up scents in the air that well."he explains."Well there is another way.By tracking the scent through the ground.That's another way to track a scent but it was to be fresh I'm order to track it fully."I explain.He nods and stands up with determination in his step."Ok,can I try again?"he ask.I nod as he closes his eyes.I take off and hid again.I watch from a distance how he gets on all fours trying to imitate me.He stiffs the ground and follows it through walking on all fours.A funny sight to see if you ask me.Finally after a hour he finally finds me."I did it."He smile."Yea but it needs a little work."I grin.