Chapter Four

Aurora was well-aware of the fact, though, that patience was a virtue. Nova wasn't going to just show up guns-blazing. Not when this lab was crawling with human scientists who wanted nothing more than to antagonize the Galaver people. At least, it appeared that way to Aurora. However, she had found some solace in her alliance with Leo, which was bringing her some form of peace, at least. 

When Leo seemed to be having a hard day at work with his 'boss', Lark, looming over him, Aurora was reminded of something that Nova had often instilled in her. They had to protect their allies, and as Leo had become Aurora's ally in a strange twist of reality, Aurora was determined to make sure she did look out for him. 

"Are you okay?" She asked him, later in the day when the brothers of pure evil, Colt and Lark, had left the room. 

Somehow, one way or another, Leo was just a likeable person, especially when in comparison with Lark, but nevertheless, Aurora was always hopeful that it would be him who was entering her room to check on her, bring her food, whatever the job was for that day. Plus, Leo was prepared to deal with Aurora's anxiety attacks and worried outbursts. He continued to fight Lark on his current treatment of the Galaveri people, but to no avail. It seemed that Lark was set in his ways of asserting his power over what he deemed to be a dangerous threat. 

If only he could look in a mirror, Aurora had often thought to herself, to see that he was the only threat around. 

"I'm okay." Leo said. "Exhausted, but okay. Are  you okay?" Leo asked then. 

It took her slightly by surprise, that question, for she hadn't been checked up on in days. At least, her general well-being hadn't been. 

"I'm...I-" Aurora cut off then, as she was struggling to breathe, and alarm bells started going off in Leo's head. Lark stormed into the room then and looked at her with concern in his eyes. 

"What is it? What's going on with her?" he asked. 

Leo gave a gentle shrug. 

"Maybe air? I'll take her up to the roof." Leo said. 

Lark grabbed his shoulder then and Aurora's eyes widened in fear, but Lark just said, "Make sure you bring her back." 

Leo nodded in understanding, and rushed into the room to gather Aurora into his arms to lead her far up to the roof of the building. 

Once Aurora had been able to breathe normal breaths again, she just looked up to the pitch black night sky, much different to the violet ones she had grown so used to on her home planet, before this mess began, and silently wished for a miracle. She felt half-tempted to rush to Leo and beg him to let her escape. However, Aurora knew better than to put too much hope in anyone, even those that appeared to be the good guys. Nevertheless, she felt as though she could trust Leo. 

"What are you thinking about?" Leo asked her, once he had realised she was doing a little better. 

"I think I just had a panic attack, honestly...but...I don't know. Something a friend said a long time ago." Galaver's memory was much better than humans, that much could be said. "She had told me that life was a question of every Galaver working, living for themselves but...I would do anything to leave this unit and go and make sure my people were alright." Aurora said. 

"Well, as much as he boasts his abilities, Aurora, you're the only one who he has managed to capture, so I wouldn't worry too much about your friends." Leo said then, his tone gentle. 

"I'm...I'm one of the last remaining beings that even prove that my planet existed, Leo...and yet I'm stuck here, and made to feel like a threat when the only thing that I'm being is threatened." Aurora stated. "Surely you realise how messed up that is?" She asked.