Chapter Fourteen

Aurora knew that she was sealed in at the labs for the time being, but she couldn't help but feel at least a little relieved to have her friend Nova back in her life. Of course, she was still wondering how the other Galaver girl had managed to do it, to sneak into the lab under an alias and completely disguise herself. A disguise that was brilliant, if only Aurora and Colt hadn't been intellectual enough to figure out that it was a disguise. Regardless, the two best friends from a planet, far, far away, were now back in each other's lives, and Aurora was relieved that this was the case. The door opened, and Nova and Leo entered Aurora's room. 

"So...you're not Nina, you're actually Nova?" Leo asked, for clarification over what he felt to be a crazy situation. 

"Correct." Nova replied. 

"How did you do it?" Aurora asked her. "That's what I'd like to know." she added. 

"You and I both." Colt replied. 

Nova gave an understanding nod, and began to go on with her story. 

"So, I sneaked into the lab when the door was open. This was about a week ago, now. I figured a member of staff had left it open but thinking more on the subject, and what you said about the murder, I'm thinking it could have been something a little more sinister. Regardless, I knew that I had to come here because I had a hunch that this may give me clues as to where Aurora was. Then, I saw her, when I was making use of my invisibility powers. I wanted to get close to Aurora in any way that I could. Evidently, though, with all the scientists around, I wouldn't have been able to do that in my alien form. So, that's when the plan was hatched. I cloned myself, leaving one of the clones in the tank, and then with the other clone, I disguised myself as best as I could to appear as a human female. Nina." She said. 

Aurora tried to feel comforted by the fact that Nova was safe now, but she still felt her heart speed up a little as it was on edge. However, she had Leo and Colt and Nova with her now, and she could trust them. 

"Judging the situation, I believe that it was another Galaver that came into these labs and killed that worker." Colt stated. "I need to pull up the footage again, have a closer look. Maybe enhance the image." He said. 

"I'll go get you some coffee." Aurora stated, knowing Colt and his love for the caffeinated beverage all too well. Of course, she was worried for him and thought that he was overworking himself, and that this entire situation could have been made a lot less difficult if Colt actually fulfilled one of his basic necessities for survival and slept on time. Regardless, Aurora was a generous girl, who was growing to deeply care for Colt, and so she left the room. Nova followed behind her, of course. 

"Hey, it's going to be okay. We're going to get out of here." Nova told her, as the two girls collected some snacks from the supplies storage. "Of course, I have to hide out now and make use of my invisibility because if not Lark has all the right mindset to kill me. However...I just thought you could do with that reminder." Nova stated. 

Aurora shot her a curious look, so Nova continued. 

"I could just tell that there was a lot on your mind bothering you." She admitted. 

Well, there certainly was a lot on Aurora's mind, but oddly enough it wasn't all to do with wanting to leave the laboratory. In fact, most of her thoughts were currently occupied by one Colt Richmonds, but Aurora seriously didn't understand why. Apart from this whole connection thing, which was just weird to her. 

"No. I'm fine, honestly." Aurora said because deep down she knew that she would be. She took the supplies back to her room so that Nova could make use of her invisibility in order to check route systems around the laboratory.