Chapter Twenty-One

Leo turned to Aurora then with curiosity clear in his gaze. Aurora looked on at the man before her. 

"This is the guy who was on the footage." Aurora said then, in realisation. 

"What?" Leo asked, taken by surprise. 

"Aurora, it's me!" The man before her said. 

"Dad?" She asked again this time. 

"I...I had to do what I did to protect you. I hope you'll forgive me." He stated. 

Aurora wasn't all too sure what to do, but she was a loving person, and if the man that stood before her really was her father, then she didn't know how exactly she could just dismiss him. She took off his restraints then, and her father exhaled in relief. 

"I understand." Aurora stated, although there was a part of her that felt slightly concerned over this whole situation. If this was really her father, then how had he managed to find her? 

As if her father had sensed her question, he just gave a gentle smile then. 

"I've been looking for you for so long. I managed to sneak onboard one of the star crafts...but you were missing. I didn't know where you had gone!" He proclaimed his worry. 

Leo looked towards Aurora then, his expression one of slight skepticism. 

"Uh...you should come inside, father. You look exhausted." Aurora commented. 

He followed her inside the house, and then Aurora wandered back to see Leo stood before her with worry in his expression. 

"We can't just trust him, Aurs." He stated. 

"Well, I do. He's my father." 

"How do you even know that for certain?" Leo countered. 

"I don't forget a face." Aurora said matter-of-factly, and it was true, she really didn't forget a face. She wandered past Leo then to find her father sat down in the living room. The others were out in the garden, so they had not yet noticed their visitor. Aurora couldn't help but feel slightly overwhelmed. her whole life, since leaving her home planet of Galaver, she had been wondering where her father was. Now, it seemed as though she may have finally found him. She had felt slightly lost when she had first boarded the NS29. Her mother had informed her that her father was just simply 'gone', and for as long as she had heard that word, she had assumed that her father was dead. However, the man before her was claiming to be her father, and he certainly looked like her father. That didn't change the fact that he had harmed someone, though. 

"Father..." Aurora started to say, although the word still seemed a little foreign under her tongue, "This isn't our home. You can't just go around killing humans even if you think that I am in danger." She told him, her expression a serious one. Of course, the man before her seemed to look as though he understood that. 

"What's your father's name?" Leo asked then. He hadn't left the room, because simply, he didn't trust this guy. Additionally, he didn't want Aurora to come into any harm, so he remained stood there. 

"Alexander." The man said. 

"It is you." Aurora said then, her eyes brimming with emotional tears, as she headed over to Alexander to wrap her arms around him. "I thought that maybe I would never see you again." She stated. 

"I wasn't ever going to just disappear on my daughter now, was I?" He asked then, with a gentle smile. 

Aurora just smiled back. 

"I'm so glad you're back."Aurora whispered.

Leo looked between the two of them, and while he willed himself to feel at least the slightest bit happy for Aurora, he couldn't shake this unsettling feeling that he had. He examined Alexander quietly for a moment, and sighed. There didn't seem to be anything peculiar about him, aside from the fact that he was the same man from the security footage, and ultimately had killed one of the members of the Galaveri Research Institute.