Chapter Nineteen

Although Albi's mother did not make an appearance at his house the next day, his older sister, Thea, did. Albi explained everything to her, and Nova and Thea quickly started to talk. It seemed that Nova could really fit in here! Thea had even taught her how to do human makeup, including winged eyeliner, so that was certainly something. 

"You okay?" Colt asked Aurora, as he went to sit beside her as the two of them watched the others talk. 

"I'm okay." Aurora said with a kind smile. 

Colt stood up then, and held out his hand to Aurora, she eyed it with curiosity. 

"We should probably go and join them." He stated. 

"Yeah. Of course." Aurora replied, and the two of them headed over to the other four. 

As they spoke, Colt looked on at Nova, Leo and Aurora, and was glad that they were finally free. Of course, he was still wondering where they were going to go once they outstayed their welcome at Albi's house. Regardless, he was just basking with gratitude in the fact that he was no longer under the sinister hold of his elder brother, Lark. 

Aurora looked towards Colt and thought that she was so fortunate to be able to rely on someone like him.She knew that she had only been on Earth for about a month, and only recently free to roam around without restriction, however, she was ever so glad to have found a friend. Someone who she had this great connection with. As she watched him, her heart did skip a beat, because she just couldn't forget that kiss that they had shared, even if she wanted to, it was impossible to. Aurora had never had a feeling like this in her life, it was no wonder she was growing so attached to it, and more so to the person who had ignited that light in her. 

However, even though they were free, Aurora still grew concerned from time to time on how she had responded to Colt when they had first left the institute. She knew that things were good between herself and Colt now, but her mind often traced back to when they hadn't been, when she had accused Colt of being the bad guy, which of course he wasn't. 

Nonetheless, Aurora's mind was preoccupied with the new life she was starting to get used to in living at Albi's house. Aurora had always been an adaptable person, and accepting of others, and as such she quickly formed friendships with Albi, and was beginning to get to know his older sister Thea, too. 

"We should do something!" Thea exclaimed to them. 

"Any ideas?" Nova asked. 

"I don't know, anything! Let's go for a walk. It'll be fun. The sun's just coming up and the sky looks beautiful this time of day- let's go, alien squad." She stated. 

Nova raised an eyebrow at her then, but didn't say anything. 

"We'll stay here." Leo replied. "Keep researching. Keep talking to Lani." He stated. 

Nova seemed to have something on her mind, and being the motherly type, Aurora turned to her to check on her. 

"Is everything okay?" She asked Nova. 

Nova gave a nod. 

"Spontaneity is great. So, obviously when Albi told me he was letting you all stay with him for the time being, I was willing to hop onboard with that." Thea stated, taking the girls' minds off the topic that had just come up. 

Aurora could still tell that there was something on Nova's mind, though, but she was going to dismiss the thought for now. 

The girls kept walking as they watched the sky turn from pink to orange and then blue. 

"Nova, stop." Aurora said then. 

"What?" Nova asked, turning back to her. "I'm fine." 

"Talk to me." Aurora said.