Chapter 9

Yuki POV

"Can Kayano Kaede and Karasuma Yuki please come down to the stadium!" We heard Miss Midnight announce, we both grin, "May the best assassin win." I say with a smirk, "I don't plan on letting you win." Kaede huffs, we both walk down, "Ready ladies?" We nod, "BEGIN!" We both don't move, "WHAT'S THIS? BOTH KAYANO AND KARASUMA AREN'T MOVING AN INCH? HOW SUSPENSEFUL!" Present Mic's voice loomed over the stadium, " I see neither of us wants to make the first move, well I'll take liberty then." I charge forwards, aiming my gun at her, my red paintballs hitting the area she was right at, damn.  I know we can't use techniques that we usually would use, after all, we basically train 24/7 as a class, everyone knows everyone's ins and outs, our strengths and weaknesses, I know Kaede is weak on her reflexes while she is top of the class in defensive maneuvers, I'm quite the opposite, I lack defence but am top in offensive maneuvers, "WOW! BOTH GIRLS ARE LIKE A BLUR! THEY'RE MOVING SO QUICKLY!" we continue fighting for about 15 minutes, we know there's no way we can beat each other, we balance each other out. We both make eye contact and nod, we were thinking the same thing. We both stop fighting and stand still, then proceed to turn around and walk. "HUH? BOTH CONTESTANTS ARE... WALKING OUT OF BOUNDS!!" We grin and continue walking, the turnaround, "Ready?" She asks me, "Ready." I nod and we both walkout at the same time. "W-WHAT JUST HAPPENED? BOTH KARASUMA AND KAYANO WALKED OUT AT THE SAME TIME??!! THAT MEANS... THEY BOTH SCORED THIRD PLACE!!" the crowd was silent. "Why did they do that?" "I thought they would put up a bigger fight," "They both looked like they weren't making any leeway in a victor," "They balanced each other out so perfectly," We both turn to the crowd, and bow, "Sorry for not putting up a bigger fight, we both knew that we would be here all day, I specialise in defence while Yuki specialises in the offence, we balance each other out in skill so perfectly, no one would have won, and our stamina would have lastest all day, it would be a bludge for you to have to watch us all day, with no one actually winning, sorry." The crowd applauds us, "What good sportsmanship!" we stand back up and go back to our stands. 1-A comes up to us, "W-wha? Why did you do that? You're so close, why not just go for first place?!" We shrug, "It's whatever remember, we aren't trying to be the stars of the show even though we unironically did end up coming first, second and third by accident." I rub the back of my head, "ACCIDENT??!! YOU MEAN THIS ENTIRE TIME YOU GUYS HAVEN'T BEEN TRYING??!!" We all nod, "JUST HOW OP ARE YOU GUYS??!!" Kaminari screams, we laugh. "Akabane Karma, Shiota Nagisa, come to the stadium, this is the last round and will determine who will be first or second!" Miss Midnight asks them to come down, "Ready for round two?" Karma asks Nagisa, he just nods and they walk down. "Ready gentlemen, may the best win! BEGIN!" They immediately both unsheath their koro-sensei knives covered in either red or blue paint, "Shame we don't have the entire mountain to continue our game." Karma says with a smirk, "What does he mean entire mountain?" Izuku asks, "Well when we had our kill or save drill, we had the entire mountain as our playing field, it gave us places to hide, run, ambush our victims, that is one of the most valuable assets for an assassin, the element of surprise, the fact that this entire stadium is open, they can't ambush each other, they can't hide." Izuku nods, "Makes sense," They continue fighting, "I know they can't use the insta-kill technique or the clap stunner, they both know how to recover from both those attacks," I agree with Kaede, "W-wha do you mean by insta-kill?" Mina asks, "It was the technique we did on the first day, during the quirk apprehension test, it is a surefire way to kill your opponent, it never fails, ever." She is shaking, "Man you guys are scary if you were to be assigned to kill me, I wouldn't stand a chance, and you're our age!" Kaminari leans back into his seat, I giggle, "Well be lucky we weren't assigned to kill you guys." All of us look down, Nagisa and Karma both dripping with bloodlust, "This doesn't look good, it's just like last time," I mutter under my breath, "You're right, I'm starting to get a little scared." I hear Kaede next to me. "Wow, they're really getting at it, they're strong that's for sure," Todoroki says behind me."BOTH AKABANE AND SHIOTA ARE FIGHTING WITH UPMOST STAMINA! AND THEY BOTH WON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!" Present Mic was commentating on their fight. I see the look in Karma's eyes, "DON'T DO IT KARMA! DON'T DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET!" I shout from the stands, everyone looks at me confused, "CALM DOWN!! DON'T DO IT!" I know what he's about to do, he was beating Nagisa to a pulp.