Chapter 41

Yuki POV

A large crowd follows us up the hill, "Hey guys!" I wave, their eyes widen, "Who says we can't be Heroes too?" I grin, Momo creates a drumkit, speaker and keyboard and we continue our performance for the people up there. We were selling out like crazy, "Oh Yuki~" I flinch and stop playing causing everyone else to stop, the guests look at his, I slowly turn my head to the top of the hill, I gulp, "Not this creep again," Denki groans, "Heya!" He walks up to me, "I didn't know you can play the guitar! That's sick!" He starts playing air guitar, all the guests look at us, "U-Uh Yuja, do you mind, we were doing a performance," I look at him, Rio peeks behind me, "The kid's loaded, right? See if you can get a few bucks off him~" She has a smug look on her face, I cry.

"I came at the right time hey? You're my waiter and your little redhead friend is nowhere around, digging the privacy~" He leans closer, I back up 'And I'm digging the fact that no one can see us' I cry. I look up, 'Yuki: I want you to eat allllll my favourites ♡ Read it' I deadpan, "So um, you know what I want, I want you to eat all my favourites," I try to say as non-robotically as I can and clasp my hands, I was sweating profusely, "Sure thing! Just ask and I'll get everything off the menu!" He reaches for his wallet and pulls out 10000 yen notes, I see Rio's blond hair through the bushes, "So you know, I stopped smoking those sketchy cigarettes, you were so worried about me," He says, Kurahashi turns around the bush, "Here we go!" She snickers, I cry, "Wow, this looks great, let me take a pic," He takes out his phone and starts snapping photos of it, 'See if he'll pay 10K for a date' Terasuka was pointing at his queue card, 'ARE YOU SERIOUS! THIS KID WILL END UP IN THE ICU IS KARMA FINDS OUT!' I use handsigns pretending to stretch, "Hey! Brought you a gift Karasuma!" Redeye comes out from the bushes holding a dead peasant, I freak out and Yuja spits, "The colours here are breathtaking," He walks up to dad, "I heard from somewhere, and through rumours that the Reaper took you out," Dad turns to him, "He tried it was rough there for a while. But hey, I'm no spring chicken!" He holds the peasant up, "I'm going to need you to conceal that gun," Dad whispers, My jaw dropped, what do I say? "Who the heck is that!? What is he? Packing? Want me to call the police?" He reaches for his phone, "Ah! Uh-no, it's ok, I-er, we know this guy, he's uh... Mr Yoshioka from the local hunt club!" I read off Rio's queue card, "Yoshioka? What kind of name is that for a foreigner?" Yuja points at him, "O-oh, he changed his name, big anime fan..." I stutter, "Oh, guess that makes sense," Yuja looks at him, "Well, enough about this Yoshioka dude or whatever, Yuki. C-can I like, ask you, what your fav- AHHH!" Yuja screams I glace over and deadpan, "Lovro," Dad sees him, "The octopus extended his invitation," Lovro walks over to dad, "Yes, of course, I'm just glad to see you alive. Your prodigy's been worried, you should talk to her," Dad replies, "Indeed," Lovoro had his hands in his pockets, "W-what's with the creepy old dude? Did he step out of a horror movie?" Yuja was shaking, "He's... Mr Mayaldami, he's kinda a big deal in the Astaksuka theatre stage," I turn my head around and read Terasuka's card. "That guy's a comedian!" Yuja exclaims, "Y-yeah, dad and h-him were t-talking about a bit! Yeah, his prodigy used to be on the circuit but retired and became a teacher!" I flail my hands about, "That guy's your dad! He looks like a boss!" He exclaims Smog, Gastro and Grip show up as well to our 'restaurant' "F-fellow comedians from Astaksuka! Ha, ha, ha! The one eating wasabi is training for an intense eating skit!" I shoot up, luckily Karma hasn't seen us behind the bush, Yuja would be dead by now, "What can I say, we get to meet all types of people, ha, ha..." I say, "Give it a rest, I can tell you're lying. My old man is a big name in the industry, I've been seeing burnouts and people suck up to him ever since I was a little kid. I know a front when I see one, I can spot phoneys from a mile away, the girl I met on the island, let's just say a fake smile doesn't suit her," I look at the ground, "You got me there, some talent Yuja," He sits down, "If you want to use that word, not a lot of good from the bag that you take from a skeezy childhood," He looks at the ground, "Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lie to you. It's not your fault when I was a kid, my mum got murdered before I even remembered her face." I look at the sky, "Murdered?" He looks at me, "Lately, I've learnt even a talent you're ashamed of can be a source of confidence if you use it to help someone else. So I'm starting to make peace with her passing, I've been dragged into so many government issues since I was a kid," I sit down, "Basically, what I'm saying is I work for the government," I look him in the eyes, "So that's another lie," He had a blank look o his face, "Mmm, no." I cross my legs, "And that's another lie," He starts sweating, "It's not, I promise. Look at me and tell me this is the face of a lier," I smile, "Is this for real?" He looks at me, "From the right angle, our flaws can be our weapons, if I'd learned anything from this classroom, it's that. No one has ever trusted me, even from when I was a kid, everyone was pointing at me, saying I was a snot-nosed brat whose dad worked for the government, parents pushed their kids away from me they wanted their children to stay as far from me as possible, who knows what they thought I'd do to them. It's what we do, it's how this cafe came together, it's what brought everyone here today, what made us part of so many people's lives, this might sound weird but the thrill is out of this world!" I give him a close eyed smile, "Hey! Where are you going? I'm sorry I tricked you! I'll give your money back!" I hand him the notes, "Whatever, I just feel like a total idiot is all, peace out," He holds his cap, "What! Aw, why's he leaving? I was going to see how much he was going to pay for a cosplay shoot," Terasuke shows a maid outfit in my face, "Exactly how much money do you plan on making off me!" I shout, Rio had an evil look on her face and Terasuka and her shove the outfit on top of my clothes, "Ahh! Stop!" I try to wiggle free but they both had a firm grip, "Get off!" I flail about, "Hey jackass, what are you doing to Yu- go down the mountain right now," Karma comes around the bushes, "Wha?" Rio, Terasuka and I were confused, "Go down this mountain right now and pull in the entire boy populate of Kunigigaoka," He evilly grins, "Oh hell no," I try ripping the costume off but before I could Karma threw me on his shoulder and started booking it down the mountain, "Noooo!" I scream, Denki, Maehara, Okajima and Mineta had a nosebleed all huddling next to each other giving a thumbs up.