Chapter 26

Yuki POV

We were waiting for the signal for us to come out, I see dad in the light with some of his colleagues, there were murmurs about why the government got involved, especially the ministry of defence, 1-A were wary of what would happen next, I hear dad's voice, "For this round, there will only be four villains you will need to face, it will be an ambush simulation, you need to communicate and get into groups of twenty-five, plan, make sure you don't have any slip-ups otherwise it can cost you your licence." We hear the 100 examinees respond"Yes Sir!" He continues, "Now, who you'll be up against," The four of us walk out, grins and smirks plastered on your faces.

"Now that's a costume," "Hey, aren't they the ones who were first, second and third in the Sports Festival?" People in the crowd say, "These four, Nagisa Shiota," Nagisa steps forward, "Karma Akabane," He smirks stepping forward, "Yuki Karasuma," ...

"Now that's a costume," "Hey, aren't they the ones who were first, second and third in the Sports Festival?" People in the crowd say, "These four, Nagisa Shiota," Nagisa steps forward, "Karma Akabane," He smirks stepping forward, "Yuki Karasuma," I have my hand on my hip stepping forward, "And Kaede Kayano," She throws a peace sign, "You need to score five times in order to pass, you have an hour and a half, you score like last time, five targets, hit all the targets, you can also, however, you can be taken out. If you are touched by any of their paint, you have to sit out for ten minutes, then you may rejoin your group. You also must shuffle around, try to eliminate as many people from your schools as possible when organising groups, understand." They gulp, "Yes Sir." Someone raises their hand, "Isn't it unfair, for them, from what I remember they're quirkless, also, 25 vs. 1? That's basically rigged in our favour? And five points in an hour and a half?" Dad stares at him, "Don't underestimate them, I personally trained them, if they fail, that's their problem, don't give them a pity party," He gulps, "Sorry Sir." He turns back to the group, "Very well, are you ready for round two?" Everyone nods, "You have five minutes to organise teams, get to it." He turns around, "Good luck guys, make 3-E proud," He points to the bleachers, "Hey Guys!!" I shout waving, all of 3-E was there, the students turn around confused, Rio jumps down and hugs me, "Heya girl! You excited?" I nod rapidly, she grins and punches my shoulder, "Do us proud!" I chuckle rubbing my shoulder, "Ok, ok, just get back up there," She nods, "Gimme a boost, I can't jump that high," She points at the wall Karma and I sigh, the three of us start running, Karma and I and interlock our hands together, "Ready?" We look at her, she just smirks, takes her running jump and lands back in the bleachers, "Thanks Bestie!" She waves at me, I playfully roll my eyes. Everyone was shocked, what did they just see, "Ok, ready for your ambush?" Dad asks them, they all straighten up, "Yes Sir!" 

A group walks up to me, I smirk stabbing my knife into the ground, "So I guess, you will be my new guinea pigs." I grin, "Hey there Beautiful! Careful, that smirk might make me weak!" Shindo pretends to faint, I groan, "Ok students, ready? Begin!" Everyone who was previously behind a boulder comes running up to me, quirks and balls being thrown towards me, suddenly I feel the air current change behind me I quickly pivot around and slam whoever was behind me, "Toru?" I feel the invisible girl, "You got me..." She sweatdrops, I grin, and slash her with red paint, "Toru Hagakure! Your ten minutes begin now," Ritsu says, "Ritsu?" I look around for her, "Apologies Yuki-chan, your father has told me today, that I'll be your enemy, my greatest apologies," I giggle, "None taken! I know you're a good AI Ritsu, we can always count of you, as for these guys," They were all retreating back behind the boulders, "What's up guys? Afraid of a little catfight?" I twirl my knife around, "Boo!" I pop my behind Shindo and pop a paintball on him, "Yo Shindo, you being your ten minutes starting now!" He sighs and sits with Toru, "How did you know the invisible girl was behind you? The aim was to distract you and get her to get as many targets as possible?" I grin, "I'm top of the class in visual and sensory acuity, and after all, having redeye snipe us all afternoon yesterday, and the day before while training with Lovro, let's just say it's skyrocketed!" I wink. After about five minutes, I've managed to get out all my 25 enemies, I sit down with Karma, Nagisa and Kaede who had also taken theirs down, we grab a cup of tea and set up a little picnic, 'how crazy are these guys?!' everyone was thinking, "OK! Your times up, resume to battle sequencing!" We hear Ritsu's voice, we stand back up and begin fighting again. After about an hour, I had two targets light up, one from Shindo and the one from a guy that came from Shiketsu, "My, my, you've been putting up a pretty good fight everyone! Come at me like you're going to kill!" I take my stance, everyone runs up to me I grin and don't move an inch, I wait for the perfect timing, CLAP! Everyone was stunned, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Karma, did you see! I finally perfected the group clap stunner Lovro taught me!" I was jumping up and down, "H-how did you do that to us?" A boy asks me, I start slashing everyone with red paint, I wink, "What fun would it be if I told you? But ok, if you insist, everyone here has brainwaves, I'm not talking about creepy aliens, everyone has a brain frequency if I'm able to hit that frequency to its peak, bye-bye! You're like statues! Elementary!" I flip my knife, they were all astonished, "All of group 3, you shall begin your ten minutes beginning now!" I hear Ritsu tell them, they can't even move, let alone take a break, "You better think of something quick! You will only have twenty minutes left after your ten!" I wink. "And that's time!" I hear Ritsu chirp, everyone was out of breath except for us, "None of you passed this round," Dad walks up, everyone had fear in their eyes that they just lost their licences, "But I guess it wasn't fair to put you up against seasoned adolescent specialists in hand-to-hand combat," I snicker, 'great cover dad' I use the hand signals, his eyebrow twitches, "Since you all failed, we can't expel you from your exams, there shall just be a third round," All the buildings start collapsing, "This time, we'll be throwing you into rescue training, Akabane, Shiota, Karasuma, Kayano. Thank you for your time and energy." We hear the PA announce, we just throw up a thumbs up and mouth 'no problem!' to the guy in the box, we quickly return back to the bleachers and said goodbye to 3-E as they headed back to Kunigigaoka, "I-I'll miss you bestie!" Rio cries on my shoulder, I sweatdrop, "Come on English-Lass, you've gone wuss on me?" She looks up, her emotions taking a complete 180, "No way Last-Resort! We'll kill Koro-Sensei before you get back and you guys won't get any of that bounty!" She runs off with the rest of E class, "Bye guys!" We wave them off, "Phew, that was really easy," Nagisa leans back in his chair, "Yeah I know right, we aren't meant to be heroes, but we aren't meant to be villains, we're in a grey zone," Kaede says, we watch the rest of the rescue exam and before we knew it, licence exams were over.