Chapter 10

Yuki POV

"Never thought we would have placed top three," Karma sighs, "I know right, quite ironic, we said we didn't have to be the shining stars but here we are, did you see the newspaper?" I nod quickly, lighting up, "I saw! We were on the front cover, dad cut it out, it's on our fridge door." I say with a smile. "Why are you so adorable?" He asks while we sit down. "Did you guys see, on my way to school so many people wanted to talk to me!" Kaminari shouts across the class, "Yea, yeah, everyone recognised me! Crazy how one sports festival did all of this, how about you Yuki, Karma, I'm sure you guys got stopped so many times," Mina asks us, we sweatdrop, "You got that right, we were almost late, everyone wanted to stop us for a picture, or an autograph or ask if we were really quirkless," Kaminari jumps up, "T-that's so cool! I wish others said that to me and stopped me!" Sero walks in, "Would you guess what some bratty elementary schoolers said to me," He sulks, "Better luck?" Tsu adds in. "Morning," Mr Aizawa steps into our classroom, "Good Morning Sir." 

"Ribbit, Mr Aizawa, you don't have bandages anymore? That's good news." Tsu asks, "The old lady went a little overboard in her treatment, anyways we have a big class anyways, on Hero Informatics." oh no, every stiffens up, we don't know a single thing about heroes, we speak in assassination, not heroics. "You need code names." Everyone breaths out a sigh of relief, "First years like you, pros are essentially investigating into your potential, any offers can be rescinded if they lose interest in you before graduation though." 

"So you're saying we still need to prove ourselves even after we're recruited," Hagakure asks, he nods, "Correct, here are the numbers for those who got offers." He presses a button and a projection shows up. "In past years, the numbers have been pretty spread out, but there's a pretty big gap this time." We all look up, "How! Yuki and Kayano got more votes than Karma or Nagisa? They probably saw how they fought and didn't like it." Kaminari says "Yeah it's the opposite of how they placed in the festival." Kirishima adds, "These numbers are amazing you must be happy," Yaoyorozu asks us, "KARMA! YUKI! NAGISA! KAYANO! WAKE UP!" Iida jolts our desks, we wake up, "Sorry sir but we aren't taking any offers" I rub my eyes, "HUH?! But you were all the pros top pick, you're first on the leaderboard? Don't you want to intern?" Yaoyorozu asks, I just shrug, "Like I said before we're assassins, we don't save people, besides, we're going to Okinawa for a class trip, while you're away for a week interning, we're going on a lovely holiday getaway!" I have stars in my eyes, "But don't think we aren't carrying our weight, while you guys are working hard fighting villains, we'll be trying to kill our teach," Karma was flipping his knife up and down. 'How cool!" The class thought, "Very well then, I'll speak with the Principal about your version of internships," Mr Aizawa says, I shake my head, "There's no need sir, my dad and the government has already arranged plans for us to leave when you are," he sighs and nods. "These hero names may be temporary, but take these seriously or-"

"You'll have hell to pay later! What you pick today would be your name for life." Miss Midnight walks into our room. "You better choose something you like or you'll be stuck with something indecent." she walks to the front of the class, "Yeah, she's got a point. Midnight will have final approval of your names. It's not my forte. The name you give yourself is important, it reinforces your image and shows what kind of hero you want to be, in the future. A code name tells people exactly what you represent. Take All Might for example." Everyone was quickly writing down suggestions, "Now who wants to show their's first!" Aoyama stands up to the front, "Hold your breath, The Shining Hero: I Can not Stop Twinkling! Mes ami, you can't deny my sparkle!" 'Come on' the entire class thought, "It will be better this way, take out the I and shorten the can not to can't" Midnight suggests, "It's stunning Mademoiselle,"  'She likes it?' everyone was thinking, "Also you aren't really French, it's just an act!" Sato says from the back. "Okie Dokie, let me go next! My code name... Alien Queen!" Midnight was shaking, "Hold on, like that horrible monster with the acidic blood?! I don't think so." She walks back to her desk, "Dang it..." 'That one wasn't ok? Since the first two were so weird, I feel like I need to be really clever with mine." the class thought. "Ribbit, I think I have one, can I go next?" Tsu asked, "Come on up!" she walks up, "I've had this name since grade school, Rainy Season Hero: Froppy!" Miss Midnight comes up from behind, "That's delightful! Makes you sound approachable! What a great example of a name everyone would love!"