Chapter 1

Please take note that if you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad, you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe form, please go to: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Keri8794

********

"This is it! This is our year Fiona! I can feel it!" I looked at my best friend Tony while he excitedly jumped up and down as though his loud voice didn't show enough of his excitement.

I laughed lightly while I quickly gathered my books. "You're so sure?" I asked.

Tony scoffed and brushed his long blonde bangs from his eyes dramatically. "Of course! It's our last year of high school and whether you like it or not missy, I am going to make it a year for us to remember."

"How do you figure that?"

"I don't know yet, but I will soon. First though, we can't be late so get your tiny tush in my car." Ordered Tony.

I laughed and quickly straightened my school jersey and walked out my house with Tony trailing along. I locked up and followed Tony to his little bug of a car. It was bright yellow, a bold statement which resembled Tony in everyway.

Tony and I met in our first year of high school, four years ago. I was a shy introvert who had no friends and he was the dramatic boisterous drama student. We met in our first class and we instantly became friends. Tony made friends with everyone but I was the one he became closest too. We easily became inseparable and best friends. Looking back though, our friendship was the only thing that had changed.

I was still the introvert and he was still the extrovert.

Tony filled the car ride with his chatter which shortened the dreaded ride unfortunately. Soon we were pulling into the designated senior parking lot.

I climbed out the little car and met Tony in the front. We were both wearing our schools' uniform which was black trousers for the boys and black skirts for the girls. We wore green collared shirts with black ties and jerseys. Basically the uniforms weren't that bad but they weren't that good either.

"Are you ready for the last first day of high school?" Asked Tony.

I giggled and nodded enthusiastically. I was just happy that I was one step closer to finally being done with school.

We walked inside the large building and made our way to the senior lawn where the principal was preparing to address us. Tony found us a spot in front and we stood in the warm sun patiently.

I looked around at the other students who were filling in the spaces on the lawn, all with the same excited expression as Tony.

It was hard to believe I had already spent four years with all of them and had one more to go. Tony was the only one I knew. The only one I wanted to know... sort of.

"Quiet down students!" I turned my attention back to the front of the crowd and saw Principal Swing with his familiar annoyed scowl. Instantly the crowd of seniors hushed and silence fell over the lawn.

"Now seniors I know you are all extremely excited about starting your final year but there are a few important announcements to make before you are assigned your schedules. I would firstly like to say welcome back. Now this may be your last year but it is also your most important. This is not the time to get distracted as University applications are what really counts."

A chorus of groans erupted and I tried aimlessly not to laugh at the bored expressions of my fellow peers.

"As I was saying," continued Principal Swing. "This year needs to count." After he cleared his throught and rolled his eyes, he spoke.

"Now for the announcements you're probably looking forward to. This years senior activities are as followed. All seniors are allowed to participate in the end of year senior formal dance, the senior carnival as well as the senior winter production. We hope you are all eager to make this an exciting year and good luck with all your endeavours. That is all."

We were dismissed and as soon as we had our schedules and out of hearing from the teachers, Tony hugged me tightly. He was yelling in my ear as he jumped up and down trying to pull me with him.

"Tony would you relax." I said once I had pulled myself away from his tight grip.

"Calm down! Are you mad? Did you not just hear Principal Swing?"

"Of course I did. He hadn't mentioned anything we didn't already know." I answered and pulled my bag tighter on my shoulder.

"That is true but like my fellow brainless peers, I forgot all of it and I just had a brainwave!"

"You mean that thing floating inside your skull actually works?" I said with fake disbelief and was rewarded when Tony's happy look turned into a frown thanks to my sarcasm.

"You were nicer when you didn't talk as much," he replied while crossing his arms against his chest.

"Liar. You love that I don't shutup. Besides, you created me." I added evilly.

"Don't remind me," he half groaned with a grin. "Now back to my brainwave- and don't you dare say a word." I giggled and held my hands up in surrender. "Now lovey, I figured out a way for us to make this the best year for us."

He looked at me expectantly and I once again spoke with my words flowing with sarcasm. "Wait, it's my turn to speak now right?"

Tony poked me in my side and said, "smartass. What I'm trying to tell you is that you and I are going to sign up for every senior activity there is this year." He announced triumphantly.

"Are you crazy? Why would I do that birdbrain."

Tony held his chest where his heart was in mock disbelief. "Your words scar Fiona." He laughed as i rolled my eyes and wrapped his arm around my shoulder while we walked closer to our register class we shared.

"We'll be doing it together and besides, just because you sign up doesn't actually mean you will get chosen. You know the final decision is done by the teachers."

I thought about it and realised he was right. I didn't actually have to do any of the horribly lame school spirit activities. I could still remain invisible.

"Alright you have a point."

Tony let out a shrill and I instinctively covered my ears. "I'm so happy. This is going to be our year Fiona. We're going to rule the school with our awesomeness."

I felt a grimace threaten to show but one look at Tony made my face break out into a smile. It was hard not to feel a little excited at his enthusiasm.

Maybe Tony was right. Maybe this was finally my year to be more than 'that quiet friend of Tony Mcgraw.'