Chapter 5

"I can't do this!" I moaned into the silence of my room. I looked at my reflection and tried not to grimace at the sight. I was wearing the only party dress I owned but it didn't seem right.

It was a long sleeved black dress that had a white collar. The dress reached down till past my knees where the last centimetre of the dress was covered in white netting.

It was hideous. My mother had brought it for me when I was thirteen and went to my first teenage party. That party much like my dress was a disaster. I had never been to a party since.

I groaned loudly when I heard a knock on my door. "Tony I don't care how much you love me but, you cannot come inside!"

"It isn't Tony. Its Michaila." Oh no! She couldn't see me like this.

"Uh... just a second." I yelled. I hurriedly tried to unzip the dress but it seemed hooked on a loose thread.

"Fiona if you're naked then you don't have to be embarrassed. You don't have anything I haven't already seen."

Yea right! I thought. "I'll only be a sec- oof!" I tripped on a rogue shoe and tumbled to the ground with my hands still desperately trying to unzip the dress.

"Are you alright?" Asked Michaila while I groaned in pain from the stinging in my leg. "I'm coming in." I hardly had time to respond before my door flung open and I saw Michaila in all her perfect glory.

While I lay in possibly the most awkward and uncomfortable position ever, Michaila stood effortless with her rich auburn hair glowing around her angelic clear face showcasing her large all knowing chestnut eyes. Where my hair was considered more of a pale brown and frizzy, hers was breathtaking, along with her hourglass figure that was housed in a form fitting tight sleeveless green cocktail dress.

I always looked like a lump of coal compared to her sparkling diamond qualities.

It was hard to believe we were sisters.

"What happened?" Asked Michaila with a smidge of amusement in her voice.

"Nothing." I quickly answered and rose to my feet. I smoothed out my dress secretly wishing it would improve my image somehow. No such luck unfortunately.

"What are you wearing?"

"I don't need to be ridiculed or insulted right now okay. I know I look horrible." I snapped.

Michaila frowned, "does this have to do with the party Tony won't shutup about? You know he's downstairs telling anyone who will listen that tonight is the night for you both."

I sighed, "yes, but I don't have anything but this seriously outdated dress to wear." I whined.

Michaila grinned sneakily in my direction and rubbed her hands together. "Good thing you have me as a sister huh?"

I gave her my best perplexed look, "why's that?"

"Because I am going to dress you and completely transform you." Michaila reached for my arm and dragged me to her room. She rummaged through her cupboard before finally stopping on a dress I had always envied from afar.

"This is the perfect dress for you." She exclaimed and held the beauty up for me to see. I ran my fingers delicately along the sequenced bodice and down to the satin finish.

"I usually prefer to wear bright colours at parties so I can stand out but I think black is the best colour for your skin tone. Try it on." She passed the hanger to me and I instinctively held it at arms length as though I might damage it somehow.

"It won't fit," I frowned. Truth was I knew it would fit, we were about the same size. The only problem was that I knew the dress wasn't for me. It was too glamorous and I was anything but glamorous.