Chapter 27

Sorry for the late update.... my Internet wasn't working. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Only a few more to go till the end.

Keep voting. Keep commenting.

*******************
Austen

I’ve never been happier, though my heart breaks slightly. I could never tell Fiona but, her confession about never being anyone’s, cut me deep. I had heard her proclaim countless times about how our play stirred a longing so strong in her, to be loved the way her character was. She had whispered to me one night about wanting a love that consumed you and took over your life but mostly, to know that a person out there was consumed by loving you. She had been broken six years ago and pushed to believe that a love so strong wasn’t for her. Little did she or I know that the very love she wished for was just starting to grow.

I looked into her brown eyes that were darkened by longing and I held her head in my hands, “I love you, Fiona.” I had already told her a few times before but I still felt as though she needed more reassuring.

“I love you more,” she teased.

I chuckled. “Not possible babe.” I pulled her tight against my chest and let her warm petite body rest on mine. She felt like home. I lifted my head up from the crook of her neck and saw Henry above us with a smug smile. I pulled Fiona away as the anger boiled in me, and stood up from the cold floor.

“I’m not done with you!” I spat. I pulled Fiona behind me and prepared myself for a fight with the one person I used to consider family.

“What did I ever do to you?” Henry asked and held his hands up in surrender.

“You took my girl!” I sneered and took a step forward. Henry immediately took a step back and I suppressed a smile at the idea of him actually being intimidated by me.

“She’s your now! She always was!”

“You knew how I felt about her and you still asked her out!” I closed the gap between us and pulled him closer by his collar. I held his shirt in my fisted hands and sneered into his baby boy face. His dark grey eyes stared frightened into mine and I felt his body tremble beneath my grip.

“I messed up! I’ll own up to that but, I did it for your own good!” his voice was shaky and his comment came out in small pieces as he tried to hide his fear.

“How was sucking on my girls face in front of me for my own good?” I questioned. I needed to punch him, my body was dying to.

“You needed a reason to make your move.” He stated. “A lot of good that did me!” he muttered.

“What are you talking about?” I asked and loosened my grip on his shirt.

“I’m talking about you going on and on about this amazing girl that has you all twisted in knots and you not doing a damn thing about it! Jealousy is a great motivator and I thought it would work but, you went and did the opposite and made her grow the pair of balls you needed!” Henry’s voice was loud and filled with accusation.

“You what?” Fiona’s shriek broke through my glare and I dropped Henry in time to catch Fiona before she pounced on an unsuspecting Henry. I grabbed her hips and pulled her away from Henry. Fiona continued to fight against my hold and kept trying to pull away from my grasp.

“Austen let me go or I swear I will hit you so hard you won’t remember what year we’re in!” I chuckled and tightened my grip. She pulled more and then let out an exasperated grunt. “Just let me kill him and we’ll all be happy!” she whined.

“Baby I’m not going to do that.” I whispered into her ear calmingly. Her body stopped moving and she fell limp into my arms. I held her so far up that her feet were dangling in the air.

“Why won’t you let me kill him? You were thinking the same thing!” I watched as the beautiful girl in my arms huffed and threw her juicy plump bottom lip out in a pout.

A laugh bubbled from within and I let it erupt from my mouth. I awkwardly turned her around in my arms and pulled her hands around my neck. I pushed a strand of her hair out of her face and leaned in close. “Gosh baby you have no idea what you do to me. I love you so damn much right now.” I kissed her nose and smiled when I heard her light giggle.

The only giggle I could ever possibly love.

“Will you behave now?” I asked. She nodded and I let her body loose. Fiona stayed true to her word and never left my side. I turned to Henry and tried to suppress the desire to hurt him. “What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to help. Austen you’re like a brother to me and I couldn’t stand by and watch you run away from a chance of happiness all because you were too scared to make a move. My method was rubbish but I think I deserve credit for my motivation.”

“You played me.” Fiona’s statement cut through my own pain when I heard the pain in her own.

“I never meant to. I needed you to see what you felt for Austen. I’m really sorry Fiona.” Henry cautiously stepped forward and looked pleadingly at Fiona.

“You made me think that you actually cared for me and it was all a joke to you?” she asked.

“No! I do care Fiona just not in the way Austen does for you. I think you’re hot and you are definitely sweet but I’m not a relationship kind of person and besides, I would never take what is clearly Austen’s.”

I turned to Fiona with a lump in my throat and quickly wiped away her tears. “Baby I know it wasn’t right but he did help us get together.” I cooed.

“He wanted to sleep with me,” she breathed. “He made me remember, Austen.” Her voice cracked and her tears flew more freely as she fell onto my chest.

I rubbed her hair comfortingly, “I know baby, but he didn’t know about the memories. I’m sorry it hurt but it did bring us together. Think about it, who did you land up calling after it happened?” I watched as Fiona’s shaking body slowed and her sobs quieted. She lifted her head and I stared, mesmerised once again into her beautiful pale brown eyes.

“You have a point.” She turned from me and ran to Henry. I hadn’t had a moment to catch her before her body flew against his. She wrapped her hands around his neck and hugged him tight. I could hear her whisper, “thanks” and then she kissed his cheek.

*****************

This chapter is dedicated to:

the best me 10 and her book titled: "One My Own (A One Direction Fan Fiction)" This is an entertaining book so take a read!