Chapter 6

This chapter is dedicated to blueeyedhunny

Check out her book 'In the Clearing.' It is amazing!!

Don't forget to vote and comment. Let me know what you think of the story so far.

Any ideas on what happens next?? Comment and let me hear.

Enjoy!

****************

I felt terrible.

Tony looked so sad once we reached my home on Saturday after leaving the party early. He was trying so hard to make this year great for us and all I was doing was smashing every idea he had.

I needed to make it up to him and I was determined to do my best with whatever the next idea was he had. Once Monday came, my thoughts seemed a little clearer and though Tony still seemed down, I was intent on fixing things.

We arrived at school and Tony had been too quiet during the drive that I decided it had to end. "Hey Tony. I know you're still a little angry with me about Saturday. I want to make ot up to you."

His eyes lit up and he looked at me suspiciously. "How?"

"I know you're only trying to make memories and I'm not helping you in any way so, what ever idea you come up with, I'll do it with no questions asked."

"You're sure?" He asked cautiously.

I grinned at him, "definitely. I owe you that much."

Tony leaned over in the car and hugged me tight. "Thank you lovey." He pulled away only slightly to get a better look at my face. "All I'm trying to do is have fun Fiona. We both deserve that much."

I frowned, "I know. You have my word that the next crazy scheme you tell me, I'm in".

Tony gave me his famous smirk and I felt my stomach drop. That smirk only meant one thing- he was up to something. Again.

I sighed deeply and rolled my eyes, silently hoping I was mistaken by his actions. "What did you do?"

Tony chuckled and I could see his eyes wonder as he debated on whether to be honest or not. "Just remember that you said you'll do anything I ask."

I shoved his shoulders earning another chuckle. "Don't get abusive lovey," he joked and then his face suddenly turned serious as he held my gaze. I felt my breakfast slowly make its way up my throat. I swalllowed hard and tried not to let my fear paralyse me.

"I signed us both up to audition for the senior winter musical."

Musical. Audition.

The words continued to swim around my head as my heart beat frantically as though trying to escape the clutches of my rib cage. My vision blurred and my throat tightned.

Another panic attack.

I could hear Tony's voice in the distance and it held a sharp hint of concern. My head felt too heavy for my neck and before I could stop it, it fell back into the seat and soon darkness followed.

"Fiona. Please wake up." I felt my brain pound against the barrier of my skull and my aching throat stung as I tried to swallow. I heard the grumblings of a voice near my ears but it seemed foreign.

A hand touched my shoulder gently and comforting. "Lovey please open your eyes." I knew that deep gravely voice.

I fluttered my eyes open and saw the gorgeous contours of my best friend's worried face. I lifted a hand up to place my palm against his cheek. Tony instantly leaned into my touch and closed his eyes with the contact.

"Thank the blue skies you're awake." I tried to laugh but my voice came out more like a silent breath. I cleared my throat feeling the action scratch my delecate skin. "I can't believe that happened." He whispered into my hand.

I let my eyes wonder around the room for the first time and noticed the white walls and the white curtain that hung behind Tony, isolating us from the world outside.

"Am I dead or in hospital?" I asked seriously.

Tony's eyes flew open and he laughed clutching his stomach. After wiping away a few tears he smiled adoringly down at me. "Neither. You're in the nurses room at school. I told you about the play and you fainted. I couldn't wake you up so I carried you here. You've been out for about the first hour of school."

Tony moved a piece of my hair behind my ear and grinned. "Good thing you weigh less than a new born huh?"

I punched his shoulder and glared. "And there ends our sweet moment."

Tony laughed once again and rubbed his shoulder to ease the pain though we both knew it didn't hurt. "Am I allowed to leave now?"

"Yes. The nurse said once you're awake I can get you to class."

"Great." I mumbled and pulled my legs up and swung them around till they hung numbly off the edge of the bed. I slowly lowered my feet to the ground to test the strength. When my legs didn't buckle, I stood tall and confidently and ready to get back to my normal routine.

Once we were out of the nurses room and in the hallway, Tony turned to me with worry watering his eyes. "You don't have to do the play you know? Not after your panic episode."

I gave him a wobbly smile and tried to strengthen my shaky voice. "I said I would and I will. When are auditions?"

"I'll tell you if you promise not to faint again."

"I'll try," I countered.

Tony sighed and ran a hand through his long blonde hair. "This afternoon." He answered.

I kept my face blank while I tried to even out my breathing. I never did well with public activities and speaking in front of a crowd was the worst. I nodded slightly to show I heard him but more to reassure him that I wasn't goint to faint.

"I'll do it." I stated.

"Are you sure. It's a musical, you are aware of that?"

I nodded, "you always said I had an angelic voice," I tried to tease but my humour fell flat. Tony nodded and grinned. He seemed to believe me though he was still worried.

I had to do it... Tony deserved that much. I just hoped I wouldn't throw up again.