Chapter 4

"There's my favourite girl!"

"Tony what is wrong with you?" I moaned and tried to pull my head out of his armpit where it somehow landed when he pulled me in for a hug.

"I just missed you and wanted to tell you I loved you." He replied and gave me a sloppy wet kiss on my cheek.

I wiped the left over spit off of my face with a grimace. "Have you been stealing crazy pills again?"

"Do I have to be on something to show my best friend some love?" He countered.

"No but... wait a minute. What are you up to?" I demanded.

"What makes you think I'm up to anything?"

"You're trying to butter me up by professing your love. It's not going to work this time. The last time I did I let you talk me into streaking down your neighbours lawn so you could test if he was gay!"

"It worked! He didn't even bat an eyelid and two weeks after that we hooked up." He said with a chuckle.

I groaned loudly and covered my ears, "eew, I do not need those kind of images."

Tony laughed and pulled me close to him. It was the end of the day on Friday and I was looking forward to the weekend. "What are our plans for this weekend?"

Tony's grin grew large and I instantly regretted asking. "Well," he started, m dragging the word out as though it had four syllables. "We are going to a party tomorrow night. The first one for the year."

I pulled away from him and glared. "I am not going to a party!"

"Why not?" He whined.

"You should be asking me why I would! You know I hate parties. I can barely handle doing speeches in front of the class because I'm so shy and now you think I can handle a high school party?"

"I'll be there. You know I wouldn't leave you."

"That doesn't make me feel better." I grumbled.

Tony grabbed my shoulders in his hands and stared me down. "Please lovey. We need this. It's our last year and we've never experienced a high school party. We don't have to stay long. I promise."

His eyes were pleading and I slowly felt myself cave. I groaned, "fine. One hour tops. I refuse to stay longer. If at any point I feel uncomfortable, we leave."

"Of course!" He winked. "So we're going?"

"I believe I already said that. Who's party is it anyway?"

"The one and only. Henry Harrogate."

I stopped breathing. Tony expected me to go to a party that the gorgeous Henry Harrogate was hosting. I felt my breaths quicken and my chest tighten. I could feel a panic attack start. I looked at Tony and saw concern in his eyes.

He couldn't know.

I forced my breathing to slow and soon I felt everything clear back to normal. Tony seemed to realise I was okay because I somehow found myself in his car. I really did need to get my liscense.

Once we were at my house Tony looked to me, "so the usual of pizza and movies tonight?" I nodded. I wasn't sure I could trust my voice yet.

I was so worried about going to the party. Tony expected me to be near Henry. The same Henry I had a crush on.

The same Henry I dreamed of kissing every night. There was no way the party could actually be fun.

***************

So it's a rather short chapter but I want the party to be a chapter on its own.

Things are going to start getting interesting so keep reading.

Keep voting. Keep commenting.

Enjoy the read!