Chapter 31

I am so thrilled that my story has reached 900 votes! Thank you! I hope to reach 5000 views and 1000 votes. Also... my book is #649 in Romance... WHOOP WHOOP!

A lot of you have voted yes to an epilogue, so thank you. I want it to be the perfect ending so I'm posing a mini competition.

Vote either option 1 or 2 in the comments for the epilogue you want:

1) An epilogue based at the end of their senior year at the senior dance where you get an idea of their future.

2) An epilogue based a few years later where you get a look into their future and where they have all ended up.

Let me know! Enjoy the DRAMA filled chapter! :) And I am so sorry for a late update but it has been a horrible week for me both physically and emotionally so if this chapter is Crap... let me know!

*************************
Fiona

It was Opening Night and to say I was nervous was an understatement! I was in a daze the entire day. My stomach felt as though it were sitting in my rib cage and my breathing was unorganised and choppy. Though; as nervous as I was, there was a small part of me that  was a little excited. A very small piece.

The day had passed by quickly and soon it was time for me to dress into my costume. I sat in my dressing room which was really a utility closet minus the mops and brooms. I slipped my long sleeved red sun dress on which my character was set to wear. The smooth satin material fell over my shoulders like a blanket and the netted sleeves tickled my skin. My mother and Michaila had worked together to pull my hair into what they called, 'an organised messy bun' and covered my face in a sleek, natural look with only the best make-up they could find. I was beginning to think that they were more excited about my performance than I was.

I had just slipped on my red pumps which, reminded me of elf shoes, when the door flew open showing Austen in all his handsome glory. "Hey there beautiful!" He smiled and my stomach fluttered. "A gorgeous set of flowers for a gorgeous lady." He pulled his hands away from behind his back and held out a large bouquet filled with at least ten different long stemmed flowers. I sniffed them and scrunched my nose at the dirt infused petals. Austen caught my action and laughed.

"You aren't supposed to look grossed out when the man you love gives you flowers."

I giggled, "I will when they don't smell as pretty as they look." I grinned at Austen but he stood frowning with his eyes focused on the flowers. I reached out a hand and cupped his face forcing his gaze to shift to me. "I love them. Thank you." I placed a gentle kiss on his lips where I could feel his smile grow.

"Good. I just wanted an excuse to see you before the curtain rose." He winked and I rolled my eyes. Austen's arms flew out and quickly wrapped around my waist and pulled until our bodies were smashed against each other. He nuzzeled his nose against my cheek and breathed in deeply through his nose. "I love you so much Fiona. Don't ever forget that."

I twisted my head and looked into his worry filled eyes. "I know you do. I love you too Austen." I smiled but Austen didn't return it.

"Just don't forget how I feel about you. I might do stupid stuff now and then but I do it because I care so freaking much about you. I don't ever want to lose you, I could never handle it."

His gaze was intent and direct. He was serious, no more fun and joking Austen. I had only ever seen this side of him when I first told him I loved him. I opened my mouth to question him about what was really going on when an eigth grader interrupted me.

"We start in ten minutes. Ma'am wants you both on stage now." I nodded at the young boy but Austen's gaze never left mine. We were going to be late if we didn't go soon but Austen seemed in no rush. He was waiting. He was waiting for me to reassure him. I still had questions but it would have to wait.

"I won't forget Austen." I rest my forehead on his chest where I could feel the rapid beating of his nervous and anxious heart. "I love you." Austen kissed my forehead and held me for a brief second.

"As much as I want to stay like this forever baby, Mrs. Ramsey will have my head if we aren't on stage soon." I laughed and let him drag me to the stage. It was the first time I had an opportunity to really look at him. He wore long black trousers that seemed a size to big and were folded upwards by his ankles. He wore a short navy blue golf shirt that seemed a size to small- not that I was complaining at the restriction it caused on his lovely muscles.

His outfit seemed wrong though. "Baby?" I called out and Austen's head swung around so fiercely it were as though a snowball were thrown in his face. His face sported a large grin and his eyes sparkled. I forgot how much he loved me calling him baby.

"Are you sure you're in the right outfit? I could've sworn you were supposed to were dark jeans." I asked.

Austen seemed panicked for a second before his expression turned bored. He shrugged and replied, "nope. I have the right outfit on." He continued to walk towards the stage ending our conversation. Once we were in place, we had to wait only a minute before music played and the curtains rose. As soon as the curtain was gone, bright lights assulted my eyes and for a brief second, blurred my vision. Loud clapping sounded and I allowed my eyes to adjust in time to see the auditorium filled with shadows of people.

I was relieved that the bright spotlight on me made it difficult to identify anyone in the audience. That made it easier to pretend they weren't there. I heard a large bass drum sound and it were as though my brain shut off and my body did all the work. Soon I was singing and dancing with the entire cast as we performed the opening scene. Once the song was over, I quickly exited on the right and waited for my cue.

I heard Tony's voice scream, "my sister Jane? I had no idea you were interested in her." I walked on stage, keeping my view on the backdrop and my back only slightly tilted towards the crowd. I hadn't been paying much attention to the scene but was stunned to see Henry on stage with a nervous looking Tony.

It was supposed to be Austen, not Henry.

"Jane, my dear. It's so great to see you again. I was hoping to steal you away for a moment. Maybe we could grab some coffee?" I stared blankly at Henry whose eyes pleaded with mine to go along with the charade.

I cleared my throat, "Demetrious, what a surprise!" You couldn't act anymore surprised than I generally was at that moment. "I didn't expect to see you here." Henry grinned and recited his line and it was surprisingly easy to fall into character. Our scene ended and I exited the stage with Henry. I tried to pull him closer to me to ask him what was going on when I heard Austen speak. Austen began reciting Henry's lines and soon, Henry was on stage with Austen.

What the heck was going on? When did they switch roles?

I found Tony in another wing and called him over in a whisper. "What is going on with Henry and Austen?" I asked. My breathing had just gone from laboured to frantic.

"I don't know! I turned and saw Henry on stage when I delivered my line. This is so unprofessional! You cannot make a cast swop and not notify a lead actor. I doesn't work lovey!" I tuned Tony out when he began to pace back and forth while arguing with himself in loud whispers.

I knew Austen wasn't happy about the play but I never expected him to pull such a stunt. I knew he did this so that he didn't have to watch Henry kiss me. The idiot just had to behave like a lunatic and ruin my big night!

Someone was going to die tonight... right after I performed the heck out of the play.        

************************

This chapter is dedicated to _SeaWarrior__ for her recommendation to read "Skinny Dipping at Dusk by GlitterAndGold." Thanks so much for giving me a great book to read! ;)

Keep voting. Keep commenting!