Chapter 28

I am so sorry for another late update. I had a bad case of writers block, lol. Just a heads up... I'll be starting University soon which means my updates won't be as frequent but hopefully I can finish this story in time.

I hope I do this chapter justice so... Keep voting. Keep commenting! :)

I absolutely love hearing your thoughts. Just a note.... I'll be making a shout out to the first person who votes and comments on this chapter! :D

*******************************

Fiona

I was happy, in fact I was sure I couldn't get any happier. I was in love for the first time and... He loved me back. I loosened my grip around Henry's neck and took a small step back. His face was grim and he still seemed haunted by guilt. Served him right.

"I really am sorry Fiona. If it helps, you're one heck of a kisser." He threw a smirk and a wink in my direction and I felt my stomach turn.

"Watch it Harrogate!" Austen’s cold voice rang through and was followed by his arm snaking possessively around my waist. "I'm still itching to throw you a hit or two." His growl tickled my ear and I felt slightly turned on by his threat to Henry.

I placed a hand on top of one of his in hope I was comforting him. I didn't know much about being in a relationship but with Austen, my reactions just felt natural.

"Step away from the girl!" I swung around in Austen's hold and stared gobsmacked at the auditorium's entrance. Tony stood glaring in the open doorway with his large yellow umbrella held in front of his body with the point in our direction. It seemed he thought the umbrella was a good weapon, for what I wasn't sure.

"Tony, what are you doing?" I asked.

Tony rushed forward and as soon as we were face to face, he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Austen before either one of us could react. "I am warning you! Stay away from my girl!"

I knew the moment I saw Austen’s confused face turn murderous that Tony's claim on me was the wrong move. I tried to silently get Austen’s attention so I can plead for him to stay calm but, his gaze never left Tony's.

"Take that back!" Austen growled again but this time it sent my nerves on end. This wasn't good.

"Austen." I warned.

My warning fell on deaf ears. "Take it back!" Austen took a threatening step forward and I was surprised to see Tony stand firm in place.
"Take what back?" Tony asked. The poor guy really seemed lost as to where the conversation was going.

I pulled away from Tony and jumped in front of Austen and placed my hands on his chest, gently pushing him back. "Breathe baby. It doesn't mean anything. I'm still yours."

Austen’s eyes flickered to mine and he grinned. "You called me baby." I watched as his grin widened and a tiny dimple appeared on the right of his lips. I had never seen that before.

I blushed. "Shut up!"

Austen chuckled and quickly kissed my nose. "I'll behave."

"Fiona! Explain, now!" Tony exclaimed.

"Watch it! I don't care how much of a great friend you are to my girl but I will not let you speak to her like that!" Austen warned.

Tony seemed taken a back for a moment and then quickly glared at me. I sighed and wrapped my arms around Austen’s waist so that I was beside him.

"Austen and I talked it out. We're together now, so no need for your caveman antics."

"You're going to make an honest woman out of her?" Tony asked, his question directed to Austen.

"We're not getting married!" Austen choked. He glanced down at me. "Not now at least, maybe in a few years." I rolled my eyes.

Tony's laugh broke through and Austen looked at him perplexed. "Good enough for me." He stretched his hand out and Austen happily placed his own in his and they shook hands.

I breathed a sigh of relief and quickly hugged my best friend. "What was that manly behaviour about anyway?" I asked Tony.

"I'm just looking out for you lovey. The idiot has been ignoring you for a week now. I was worried that the three of you being forced into this room would end in bloodshed."

I laughed nervously. I had a flutter of the same thought earlier. Austen cleared his throat and looked to Tony. "I already apologised for that. I thought I had lost her already."

"So it's safe to say that rehearsals will be less complicated from now on?" Tony questioned us all and we nodded in agreement. "Good because Mrs. Ramsey really wants to go over the kiss scene between Garth and Jane."

Austen tensed beside me and cursed quietly. I had thought for a moment that everything was finally going to be okay, except now Tony made me question myself.

The play had quickly become one of my favourite activities this year but I was starting to think Austen might ruin it for me.

There was no way that Austen was going to sit by and let me kiss Henry in front of strangers when he could barely handle my gay best friend calling me, "his girl."

This was going to be a heck of a week.

*********************************

This chapter is dedicated to:

Valentin a Black and her book titled, "Reaching for the Sky." This is a good read so go and show her book some love!