Duke.

(If any of you are Life Is Strange fans, this one's for you. I personally absolutely love the game and it makes me cry but also smile just at the thought of the game. And if any of you are wondering, I sacrificed Arcadia Bay. Nobody's taking away Chloe.)

      Duke walks his way carefully up to the mic stand that had the microphone lifted up for the large dog. There was only two instruments set up to be played on the stage - synthesizer electronic keyboard and a single acoustic guitar. Two were up there behind Duke, but not so far back that they didn't get some spotlight. Duke cleared his throat, as the crowd fell silent. They were all still hyped up from the other performances until they see this large, and quite cute, brown dog before them.

"Uh.. Hello! I'm Duke, nice to meet you all."

The crowd cheers as a response, including Max himself, his own brother.

"It's so nice of Tiberius and Max, the host himself, to let me sing for all of you. I'll be singing a song called 'Obstacles' by Syd Matters."

Mike was very familiar with this song. It was one of Tilly's favorites. She used to sing it sometimes in the park when they still went on dates. He didn't understand why Tilly just couldn't get out of his head after the way she treated him, and he lowers his furred muzzle and head down to aid in his efforts on hiding his potential tears. As the guitar and synths began their musical playing, Duke began singing with his soft voice.

Let's say, sunshine for everyone.
But as far as I... can remember,
We've been migratory animals,
Living under... changing weather.

Someday, we will foresee obstacles,
Through the blizzard, through the blizzard.
Today, we will sell our uniform,
Live together, live together.

As Duke pauses for the very beautiful and graceful song's instrumental introduction into the chorus, Mike couldn't hold back his tears anymore while little film snippets of all the fun, happy, and romantic memories shared with his once-loved soulmate play through his head. Memories of he and Tilly together on Christmas Eve, going out with her to the movies, even having little lunch dates in the newer restaurants that started to allow pets to dine in. Every single kiss and cuddle he shared with her flashed through his eyes, and he remembered the touch of her lips against his each time.

The once tough-as-nails hard-rocker husky and wolf mix started to let his tears fall down his face, but it wasn't just because of the song and it's delicate tune. The slow droplets turned into a slow stream down his face. His already broken heart beginning to ache as the song goes on.

We played hide and seek in waterfalls,
We were younger, we were younger.
We played, hide and seek in waterfalls,
We were younger, we were younger.

We played hide and seek in waterfalls.
We were younger, we were younger.
We played hide and seek in waterfalls,
We were younger, we were younger.

Mike couldn't take it anymore. He was sobbing an entire ocean there with the pets starting to take notice. That last memory of how the two first met in Central Park was really burning into his torn heart and his mind. He was turning to leave when Max stopped him in his paths. He could see this sorrowful male suffering. It didn't take him long to realize how important this song was to Mike.

"Mike... Mike, he didn't know-"

"I don't care. I-... I can't do this. I have to g-"

"Mike, please..." Max pleas, placing his head on Mike's chest, as he was smaller than him. "Don't leave. We're here for you. Don't leave us."

"I can't take it, I'm sorry. I can't just sit here and deal with Tilly's favorite song after everything that happened. I can't just relive it all over again. To bloody hell with this." Mike says before he rushes off, past Hu the white tiger, who sat there with the pet gang.

"Mike, wait!" Max calls out, but he was gone before he could even reach him.

Someday we will foresee obstacles,
Through the blizzard, through the blizzard...

"Thank you." Duke says, as he lets the stunned crowd, who were mostly in tears from such a beautiful song being heard, applaud and cheer. The song was very emotional itself.

Mike was nowhere to be seen, and some of the pets looked very concerned and worried for him. Max looked the most affected by his disappearance, and sighs in pity for this broken soul. Gidget tried to comfort him by cuddling close to him, but he still frowns in worry. Duke sees this when he comes back, tilting his head and lifting an eyebrow.

"Max? What happened?"

"Duke, you-... Though I absolutely loved the song and your singing was beautiful, you sang a song that Mike's recent ex, Tilly, adored."

Duke dropped his mouth and whimpers in guilt, while his ears and tail droop down.

"Oh no... no... I'm so sorry!"

"It's not your fault, you didn't know. And neither did I until I figured it out by seeing him like that. I just... I hope he comes back."

"I think that was absolutely beautiful though, Duke, on a side note." Gidget says to the regretful large canine, who smiled a bit at her compliment.

"Thanks, Gidget. That means a lot."