CHAPTER TEN: The Original Diner

Morning comes as quickly as I went to sleep. I stretch my arms out and jump out of bed. Yesterday, William and I agreed for him to pick me up from my house at 7am so we can get to the diner early enough to help putting the final decorations up before guests start arriving at 8:30am.

I check the time: 6:25am.

I rush downstairs and grab myself a bowl of cereal and a glass of (favourite fruit juice). I finish eating my breakfast and make my way back upstairs. I go to the bathroom and have a quick shower, go to the toilet, comb my (h/l) hair and then brush my teeth.

I check the time: 6:40am. Shit!

I rush to my wardrobe and throw on my work uniform and grab my small satchel from my chair. I fill up Jack's water and food bowls, giving my German Shepard a quick kiss on the head before I leave a note for my best friend, Sarah, who dog-sits for me, on the kitchen worktop like always.

I check the time: 6:55am.

"Behave for Sarah please. I'll be back a bit later that usual but she knows that. See you later, Jack. I love you." I wave to my dog as I lock the front door.

I put the house keys in my satchel and walk towards the familiar purple Nissan Maxima that just pulled up outside of the front of my house. I get into the passengers side of the car and William drives off.

"You look beautiful today." He compliments me.

I blush. "Thank you. You look handsome today too."

After a short 10 minute drive, we arrive outside of a wooden cabin-like diner with a sign over the doors reading: "Fredbear's Family Diner".

The two of us get out of the car and I feel my eyes widen with awe. "So this is it?" I ask William as he envelopes my right hand in his left.

"Yep. What do you think?" He asks me as he plants a tender kiss on my right cheek.

"It's cute. It looks like something Disney would make at DisneyLand."

William let's out a chuckle and smiles. "Let's go inside and meet Henry."

I nod and we walk into the building as a duo, unlocking our hands from one another as we enter the double doors. As we enter the diner I can see that the place has been covered in colourful bunting and balloons with confetti cannons on the floor by the stage and colourful plastic tablecloths on every table in the diner.

"Wow Henry, you've really outdone yourself." William speaks up, causing his friend to turn around. "This is more than you had out for Halloween."

"It's a very special occasion and I think the kids will love it." Henry responds then looks at me. "Welcome to Fredbear's Family Diner, Y/n!" He walks up to the stage where two gold/yellow toned with purple accessories animatronics stand. "These are the main stars of the show. This is Fredbear and that is Spring Bonnie. They can double up as both animatronics and suits to be worn by staff; the reason that they can do that is because they are spring-lock suits. No need to worry though, Y/n, they are only to be worn by William and I. I suit up as Fredbear and he-"

"I suit up in the best of the two; Bonnie! We made them custom sized to fit us to reduce the risk factor to them." William interrupts Henry.

After an hour of chatting and preparing the diner to open, I turn the open sign in the window around and place the notice board outside. When I go outside to do so I am greeted by a decently sized queue of families waiting to celebrate the anniversary.

The families slowly begin to pour in and the chefs get to work, the waiters start taking orders and William and Henry greet them as they walk in, and I guide people to tables along with the two men.

Lunchtime hits and the three of us have a quick lunch break in Henry's office, eating pizza on paper plates and drinking caffeine in plastic party cups.

Rush hour begins to hit hard and the place is filled with chatting parents/adults and screaming or laughing (mainly screaming) children.

The stage lights dim and the normal party music takes over from the covers to be performed by Fredbear and Spring Bonnie. A purple curtain with white stars surrounds the stage so William, Henry and I can take the animatronic bear and rabbit off stage and into the back room.

I help secure the spring-locks in the suits and leave Henry and William to get into them whilst I wait outside to take them to the dance floor to hang out with the kids. William is the first one out and makes me jump by grabbing my shoulders.

"You son of a bitch." I whisper-yell.

"Love you too. I can't kiss you so I'll do this instead." William says blowing me a kiss and I 'catch' it, hugging it close to my heart.

"Where's Henry?"

"He's now coming."

Right on cue, Henry walks out in the Fredbear spring-lock suit and joins William. I walk in front of the two of them, turning the microphone in my hands on. I stand in front of the stage and the children on the dance floor all turn and stare at me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we all hope you are having a fun time here today at Fredbear's Family Diner as we celebrate our one year anniversary since our opening. Boys and girls, I hope you are ready for our special guests. Please give a huge round of applause for our stars, Fredbear and Bonnie!" I say through the microphone and my voice fills the diner.

William and Henry walk out from behind the stage and onto the dance floor in the spring-lock suits. I put the microphone in the small compartment next to the stage and continue with my work for the next few hours.

I guide at least forty families to tables, taken hundreds of orders, carried even more trays back and forth from the kitchen.

I look at the clock in the kitchen as I finish taking back empty plates and glasses to be watched up. It reads: 6:30pm.

The disco has an hour left to go and Fredbear and Spring Bonnie still have a quick encore performance at the end of it. Henry's talking to a bunch news reporters at the entrance of the diner and I haven't seen much of William since helping him out the animatronics back on their stage because he's been so busy with more jobs than me.

"T-Thank you boys and girls for j-joining us today!" Fredbear's jaw moves up and down as his voice is projected from the three speakers that are set on the front of the stage.

"We h-hope you had fun and partied h-hard with us." Spring Bonnie adds. "We hope to s-see y'all again soon!"

"G-Goodbye and g-good night."

And with that, the curtains surround the stage and the main lights turn on. I sit up straight at the table I've been sitting at for the past 10-15 minutes and stand up.

William and I part ways from Henry and head to his car. We get in and he drives us back to my place.

"I knew you were good with Micheal, but you're such a natural with kids." I say.

William laughs nervously. "Henry's always said that. I guess it's easier to hang out with kids when you're still a bit of a kid at heart." 

I return home and see Sarah sleeping on the sofa with Jack at her feet. I lock the front door and head upstairs to sleep. 

In the midst of brushing my teeth a realisation hits me like a ton of bricks...

We didn't use protection yesterday...

SHIT!