CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Way To Go Afton!

It's been two months since I moved in with William and everything is going really well. I've been experiencing some morning sickness but not too much and William's been really helpful with everything. The only downside is that it's getting harder to hide the bump, it's not too big, however, it is big enough to notice - I've definitely been struggling to properly do up my pants for work. Another downside to being pregnant is having to hide it from Henry, not only are we hiding a relationship from him but we're also attempting to hide a pregnancy from him... and Henry's a very smart man.

William and I pull up outside of Freddy's and get out of the car. The two of us walk up to the building, stepping through the doorway and towards Henry's office. The night before we had gotten a phone call from him to say he wanted to have a word with us before the pizzeria opened for the day.

Once we opened the door we could see an exhausted and overwhelmed Henry with dark bags under his eyes. When he saw us in the doorway, however, he sat up as straight as he could and readjusted his shirt, bowtie and glasses. "William, Y/n, please come in and take a seat." Henry says trying to act as if everything was normal.

"Henry," William spoke up once we sat down, "mate, how long has it been since you've had a decent night's sleep? Seeing you like this is making me concerned. You haven't looked like this since our college days when you pulled one too many all-nighters to study."

Henry sighs. "I'm fine."

"No you're not. Henry, with all do respect, you look like shit. What's wrong?" I say, concerned for my boss's health.

"Well, me and the misses when to the hospital for the routinely check up - you know, with her being eight months pregnant and all - and the doctors talked about a concern they have about the twins." He slumps into his chair. "It's just gotten me stressed, about the kids and my wife. I'm not even sure if I'm ready to be a dad."

William chuckles slightly. "Yeah, it's the same here."

Henry and I glare at William in response to his statement. "William!" We both shout at him, for two different reasons of course. I stomp on my partner's foot and he lets out a yelp.

"What did I do this time?" William asks, completely unaware he said what did aloud instead of in his head. It clicks and he looks at me apologetically. "Sorry, love."

"You cunt." I say as I glare at him, shooting daggers at him but also jokingly.

Henry takes a sip of water from a glass and then clears his throat. "You what?" He pauses. "William, you never told me you were expecting again. Who's the-" before he could finish his sentence he realises what's going on and looks at me, to my stomach and then back to me. "Oh. So you two are a thing?" William and I just nod. "Congratulations are in order then I suppose. Although, please don't bring your private life into work, I'm already not the bigger fan of my employees dating."

"Too late for that." William jokes, starting to laugh harder than before.

"William!" I punch his arm and earn a whine in return.

"Please tell me you didn't do what I'm thinking you did."

"Maybe-" William smirks and Henry and I just look at him in disappointment.

"You really haven't changed since college." Henry says, causing all three of us laugh. He then sighs. "Anyway, what I called you in for is to let you know we are expanding further and we'll need all the help we can get."

"What kind of company expansion are you thinking of?" I ask Henry, curious about the ideas he had in that brilliant mind of his.

"I was thinking about small scale animatronics to sell at the pizzerias and in select stores."

....