Chapter 7🌲Over Ramen

↣Over Ramen↢

"Samurai, my dear, could you fly this letter to Zenitsu, and this one to Papa? I will be at this village for the night and I promise lots of yummy chicken when you get back."

The bird graciously took the letters at the mention of receiving his new favorite snack, flying away with great speed to the direction you came from. You waved him off with a big smile, but seeing him cross the horizon brought a look of unease upon you from weariness. When was the last time I slept... You whined and wiped a hand down your tired face, I slept eight hours ago... Wow I'm surprised, it feels like twenty. You turned back to the big town to find refuge in for the night, the pretty flecks of dusk light casting it's on beautiful buildings and enrapturing you. Until your stomach growled.

"Damn it. I ate two hours ago and I'm hungry again." You whined, pouting and patting a hand on your stomach, "Papa was right; the only moods I feel are sleepiness, hunger and anger."

You practically stalked through the village, looking for anywhere to eat and rest. Only when a small ramen shop came into view did you stop and smile the widest you could. You had practically ran to it, waving away the curtains that said some name you weren't to bother remembering. The alluring aroma lured you further in, you didn't even notice the black haired boy in the corner gulping down his own.

"One bowl of chicken ramen, sir!" You chimed at the old man behind the counter. You fumbled to take the yen out of your pockets and place it on the table, the thought of eating a good hot meal and falling asleep right after filling your head to much to note a pair of eyes staring at you from the other end of the counter. The older chef smiled at you and took out one of the rather large ramen bowls. Your mouth watered as he piled it high with noodles, broth, boiled chicken, mushrooms and green onions. The point where he sliced a peeled soft boiled egg in half and placed it atop the pile of savory noodles was when your jaw dropped and you nearly broke the bamboo chopsticks which found themselves in your hand.

"Itadakimasu!" You stuttered out quickly, clapping your hands together and bowing before practically diving your face into the bowl and breathing it all in.

"Dōitashimashite." The chef chuckled as you continued to slurp the soup down like your first meal in months, "Don't choke, dear. That boy had me worried, he was eating even faster than you."

You hummed in interest, cheeks still full of food as you glanced over at the boy the chef spoke of. You stopped chewing, simply swallowing the painful amount of food in your mouth and glaring at him. He was eating almost as quick as you (yet he was simply tipping the bowl to his mouth like he had no clue how to use chopsticks), though you saw how he quickly went back to it when you turned as though he was glancing at you.

"Inosuke." you glowered at the pretty boy, a grimace just barely making it to your face, "It's so nice to see you again after you left me in the forest because, you know, it was totally not the demon infested mountain for us demon slayers to become a slayer."

The chef sweatdropped, mouth pulling into a straight line as he straightened himself and pretended to get busy cooking noodles.

"You were way to slow to even begin to catch up to me, Roichi." He grinned, almost cracking the empty bowl as he placed it on the table and asked for even more, "I'm a god compared to a hag like you when it comes to anything, including walking."

The chef just gave him a simple bowl of noodles this time, seeming a bit frightful of the way you stared at one another and the weapons on your hips like you both will whip them out at any moment.

You got up from the seat farthest from Inosuke, taking your halfway full bowl and finding a seat right next to him, "I told you my name is [Y/N]." He horribly mispronounced your name as if correcting himself, going back to eating his food like some sort of animal. You laughed at the pathetic excuse of manners, lifting your bowl as if tipping a glass "I bet I can eat this faster than you. That'll show you who's the true Goddess around here."