Chapter 18🌲Reunited Over a Game of Menko

↪This chapter was mad fun to write tbh↩

↣Reunited Over a Game of Menko↢

"[N/N]chan, come play Menko, you're always so good at it!"

"No, I'm tired." You looked away from the sorrowful group of boys and curling up with a sleepy Nezuko.

Tanjirou and Zenitsu whipped their heads to look at Inosuke, who sat there staring at the yokai shaped menko, better known as men'uchi during this time, chips. He picked up inosasao and onikuma chips, staring down at the boar and black bear blankly through his mask's vision. You always said he reminded you of a inosasao,  with his 'scary' boar mask and his swords. Tanjirou nudged him a small bit which started an all out war, as Inosuke jumped up, screaming, "Fight me, Monjirou!"

"No! Go do what we told you to do!" Tanjirou commanded him urgently, pointing a finger at your slumped and sleepy form while you weren't watching.

Inosuke's shoulder's hiked up and he raised a fist, "I don't need too! Boss Inosuke is perfectly fine like this!"

"We all know the both of you are absolutely not fine," Tanjirou insisted quietly back, "Look, you were just sulking!"

"No I wasn't!"

"Yes you were!"

"No I wasn't!"

"SHUT UP!" Zenitsu howled above the two, watching you clamp a hand over one of your ears and another around Nezuko's. The three boys looked back at the two girls, watching your shoulders shake with anger. You turned your head towards them all, scowling.

"Don't you all know when to shut the fuck up?! You're scaring Nezuko!" You yelled at them fiercely, turning back to the little girl and cuddling her, "Let's go to sleep, Nezuko, you must be really tired."

The maroonette and blonde glared holes into Inosuke. He quickly glared back before shuffling his feet over to you. Inosuke sat down next to you, though you ignored his presence, snuggling your face further into Nezuko's long black locks.

"Sorry." Inosuke whispered, slurring the letters together like he was reluctant.

You looked up from your pillow, accusingly staring at Inosuke, "It's been a week and now you say sorry?" 

Nezuko moved out your arms like she knew what was to happen, escaping from the splash zone and to Tanjirou. Tears gathered in your eyes and you jumped up to give him a hug, "I'm sorry as well! I really wanted to go up to you and apologize but I thought you hated me for ignoring you for the first two days!"

"[Y/N], it might've almost been six weeks already but you shouldn't go jumping on him! His ribs were the most broken!" Tanjirou lectured, though stopped when he saw Inosuke hug you back.

"You're my best friend and I just misused you like that!" You sniffled, a pang running through both your hearts when the mention of 'friends' came up.

"Finally, I'm sick of you two crying like babies." Zenitsu sighed, making literally everyone stare at him like he was a bad joke, "What?"

You pat Inosuke's back, reluctantly letting go of him, "Let's play a bit of Menko before we go to sleep? Catch up on each other or something."

Inosuke was hesitant to let you go, but obeyed and followed you to the flat cardboard with a bunch of clay menko all thrown on the floor from when Inosuke flipped the board.

"Want to play as well?" You asked the other two boys and Nezuko, though they shook their heads and the girl was already asleep again.

"I'm gonna beat you, you old geezer." Inosuke growled, though you can hear the happiness in his voice as he picked up his selection of pieces. An inosasao was his first choice of course, then a horse-rabbit faced kotobuki, a chimi who looked more dog than human, a sarugami ("ha, it looks like you." "Shut the hell up, hag.") an oni and finally a regular tanuki.