Chapter 39🌲Foul Faced Evil Bitch

↪Daki and Gyuutarou are my favorite demons, if you didn't notice the way I kinda started fawning over them as I wrote. Also this chapter's end is pure rage :) good luck, dears.
Beast Hunter's Chapter 39: *Exists*
Me: Should... Should I laugh? Should I cry? Should I scream? Should I get fucking hyped the fuck out?

↣Foul faced Evil Bitch

The street had grown quiet once again, though you could still hear the whispers and quiet cries of the people inside the dilapidated buildings around you. Genuinely, it pissed you off. All the demons you've met thus far at least made calculated attacks, focusing on you or your team and not harming the ones outside. This demon clearly wasn't the brightest gem in the rough; or they simply just didn't care. Something told you it was both.

Inosuke had taken the lead ahead of you, jumping around to investigate this and that like everything he saw was the most interesting thing in the world. So far he's tried to offer you at least three pieces of jewelry or dirty pieces of food he found on the ground. Of course you politely refused it all; one reason was because it unnerved you to think about the person who owned it might be under the rubble, another reason was you were far too focused on trying to help whatever victim you saw and the open food he kept offering you was quite literally on the ground for who knows how long. Inosuke, seeing that you fretted over the way you wanted him to put all the metal and gems back where he found it, promptly tucked it into his hakama to offer it to you later. Zenitsu did tell him once that all women like shiny things, which confused him because Tengen was covered in shiny things. Was that guy trying to attract more women, INCLUDING you? Or was he secretly a woman himself? Or a dragon; it was quite possible he could also be a treasure hoarding dragon.

You hugged the sobbing child you helped out from under a concaved house, rubbing their little head of black hair as you silently scanned around in an attempt to save even more people. Seeing children caught up in this mess made you even more livid. If it was up to you, you were definitely going to be the one chopping the demon to little pieces till it dissipated in ash and dust. Inosuke called your name; pointing over to a familiar redhead in the middle of the street hugging a small child. You looked down at your own protected child, hurrying to the end of the street and placing them at the corner, "Go, run far away. Make sure you only go with someone if you know who they are and they are good."

They didn't argue, rushing out into another street, perhaps in search of family. Inosuke called your name once again, sounding more aggravated. When you reached him, he was bouncing back and forth on the balls of his feet and looking about ready to just leave without you. He wouldn't actually do that though; he often ended up joining in solo missions you went on because he was following you like a lost dog until you noticed him. He's a bit of a creep sometimes, and you were to caught up in whatever was happening to reprimand him for the numerous 'If you leave me alone without telling me, I'll kidnap you' comments he made, though you know he didn't have ill-intent. He was just really bad at words and phrasing.

You were grabbed by your hand, practically being dragged forward as Inosuke charged Tanjirou with one of his swords raised. You were kind of scared he was actually going to attack the poor boy for starting the fight without him. "I'm here dammit! We've arrived dumbass, rely on me!"

Tanjirou's shoulders hiked up in surprise at the new voice, spinning to look over at the three of you. A strangely irked [Y/N], who was usually cheerful and optimistic. A sleeping (?) Zenitsu. And an unsurprisingly angry Inosuke. Instead of being frightened from Inosuke's charge, he seemed irritated himself, "Inosuke, [Y/N], Zenitsu; go help Uzui-san! Please!"

"[Y/N]'s on a super rampage for the dumbass who did this, I can sense it! So, so am I; if she's angry I'll get even more angry for her! I; the great Inosuke, will go help," Inosuke suddenly struck the same pose Tengen had given to his wives just minutes ago, "Flamboyantly!"