Chapter 16🌲An Angel in the Devil's Muzzle

↣An Angel in the Devil's Muzzle↢

...Little girl.

You let out a breath, one of shock or relief you weren't sure, letting go of Inosuke's furred cheek and untangling yourself from his strong arms. The girl suddenly grew in size and age, going from a mere toddler to a teen in seconds.

"Nezuko!" Tanjirou greeted the girl in the bamboo muzzle, turning to you and Zenitsu, "This is my--"

"Tanjirou."

A shiver crawled up your back and you looked to Zenitsu, who was about to climb into the towel closet. He turned back to Tanjirou, head still down, "So you were carrying a cute girl with you... A cute girl. Every single day... Going about your journey with such joy..." He finally raised his head to reveal a sobbing mess, "Give me back the blood I bled for you!"

"W-wha!?" Tanjirou cried, dodging out the way before Zenitsu could tackle him to the ground.

"I DIDN'T WORK THIS HARD FOR YOU TO GET LOVEY DOVEY WITH SOME PRETTY GIRL!" Zenitsu pointed at the boy accusingly, you decided it was about time to get up and step towards the two in case anything drastic happened, "I GOT BEATEN BY SOME PIG GUY FOR THIS?!"

He rushed past Tanjirou, skidding to the ground next to his stuff, "Zenitsu, calm down. I can explain--"

"THE DEMON SLAYERS! THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" Zenitsu cut in before Tanjirou could continue, taking out his hilted yellow sword, "GUYS LIKE YOU NEED TO BE EXTERMINATED! IMMEDIATELY!"

He unsheathed his sword and you panicked, running up to them, "I'LL SHOW YOU THE TRUE POWER OF A DEMON SLAYER!"

You caught the blade in your hand before it could reach Tanjirou, wincing at the pain and the blood that spilled at serious rates on the wooden floor. Zenitsu made a choking noise, quickly recovering his sword as you let it go. The little girl, who you presumed was named Nezuko from when Tanjirou spoke, ran up to you, grabbing your waist and hugging you tightly. You let out a shaky breath, patting the girl's black hair with your good hand.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!" 

"UWAH! I THOUGHT YOU FELL ASLEEP!"

Inosuke tackled Zenitsu to the ground, fiercely pummeling his face. Tanjirou pulled them apart, looking back at your frightfully. But all he saw was you smiling softly at the girl that hugged you. She cupped your face with her little clawed hands, staring up at your [E/C] eyes blankly and humming repeatedly. You tilted your head at her, crouching to her height and humming back. She made the noise once again, sakura pink eyes showing a hint of joy as you repeated it. You heard tearing of fabric as Inosuke teared a piece of fabric from his waistband, squatting down next to you and Nezuko, taking the gushing hand and wrapping it tightly with the purple fabric. It turned crimson in an instant, not that you minded though, still transfixed with the beautiful little girl in front of you.

Tanjirou was quick to clean up the blood that spilled freely from your hand and on the floor, eyes flickering to you and Nezuko to the bloody floorboards. 

"Hello, Nezuko... My name is [Y/N]... The kids I know always call me big sis, so you can call me that as well, girlie." You gave the girl a quivering smile, somehow mesmerized by her, "I have a feeling we're not going to be able to sleep tonight, yes?" You spoke up, looking away from the girl's eyes for a moment to the boys, "Then lets have some fun while this lasts."

"I thought you'd be asleep by now, [N/N]chan... I-I'm sorry," Zenistu wavered before coming up to you, squatting down in front of you and the girl in your lap.

You shook your head, looking back down at the girl's long hair you pet, "I understand Zenchan, you were caught up in the moment. You see, at nights I'm not able to sleep properly sometimes because I'm so lazy I sleep all day." Zenitsu seemed to guilty to speak anymore, quietly sitting across from you ad waving the other two boys over. Tanjirou carefully found a seat on your blanket beside you, Inosuke finding a seat closest to you.