Chapter 41🌲Mohawk Boy

↪Inosuke won't be showing up for a most of this chapter so heres a sketch page I did of him to do some warmups before doing an ACTUAL piece of art

↪Inosuke won't be showing up for a most of this chapter so heres a sketch page I did of him to do some warmups before doing an ACTUAL piece of art.↩

↣Mohawk Boy↢

"[L/N]-san, perhaps you should get some sleep."

Shinobu's hand hovered over your hunched shoulder, taking a moment to think before gently placing itself down. You blinked away the tears that escaped your eyes from exhaustion, turning your head to stare up at the violet irises looking down on you.

"I'm not tired." Was all you said, shifting back uncomfortably in the wooden chair to turn and lean on the side of Inosuke's bed.

Shinobu's passive smile twitched down just slightly but she didn't argue, having had given you an extremely passive agressive lecture just a couple hours ago about sleep as well. When you had gotten back a month and a half ago, all you did was sit by the boys' bedsides. It was always a cycle; wait by Tanjirou for one day, then Zenitsu, then Inosuke, then you'd try to make time and take Nezuko some where or do something with her and do it all over again. When Zenitsu had woken up before your eyes just a week ago, you were even more determined to sit by each bedside and keep yourself busy. You've read half the library, practiced your archery and brought the Butterfly girls a surprise dinner when you saw a flock of pheasants, wrote letters to your family, the Rengokus and the Uzuis.

Shinobu would've been estatic by the way you were lazing about (Usually; but sometimes you'd get a bit anxious and run around) and therefore letting your ribs heal much quicker than if you were running with the boys, but the fact you barely gave yourself three hours of rest made her worry. Made everyone worry, in fact. Kanao was usually the one able to bring you to your bed and keep you there, but she had gone on to a mission for half the week. From the time you'd wake up to the time you'd go to sleep, you'd be trying to stay by your companion's sides. Shinobu can barely count how many times she's walked inside the rooms to find your upper half lied on the bed as you dozed off reading to the unconcious boys.

"If you refuse to sleep, then at least go take a walk around the estate. You've trapped yourself in here for the month." The insect hashira persuaded, tilting her head over to look at you further.

You glanced at her for a moment and sighed, placing the book about Honey Badgers onto the end table and getting up. The way your legs stung almost made you fall back down, but you resisted the urge and stretched your muscles out before turning and looking down at Shinobu, "I guess I'll go. But try and find me if Inosuke or Tanjirou wakes up, please?"

"Yes, of course." She batted away your hand as you reached to pleadingly grab her own, waving you off as he took your seat, "Safe travels, my dear! I might have some exciting news when you come back!"

You were going to ask what exactly she meant, but she was already humming a tune, picking up the book you were once reading aloud in hopes Inosuke was entertained (Even if he was dead asleep).  When at the doorway, you took one more glance back yet neither looked back at you again.