~Chapter One~~First Day in Derry~

Today me and my mom moved to Derry Maine, where I will start at a new school tomorrow. Here's a little backstory about me, my name y/n and I'm originally from Atlanta and I live with just my mom because my dad left us when I was really young. I'm 16 and I've been kicked out of three schools for fighting. I have anger issues and always stand my ground, but I also have depression and anxiety so I distract myself from that with more anger so I do not let people mess with me, well not without putting up a fight. I'm pretty emo but I do have my other sides. I love my mom but we argue and fight a lot so we don't spend too much time together. She is usually out shopping with friends and family or going to their houses to hang out and stays there some nights so I'm home alone a lot. The reason we chose Derry out of everywhere to move is because of my aunt and cousin Richie. Yep trashmouth is my cousin. But yeah that's about it.

I start to move the stuff that I had brought in my Jeep into my room while I wait on the moving truck. Eventually the moving truck finally pulled up to the house and we start to really unpack. As the movers put my furniture in my room I start to decorate and put things away. I finish up my decorating pretty quick since it was mostly just posters and pictures of me and my friends. Once I'm done I fall onto my bed and lay there for a second before I hear my phone ding and see a text from Richie telling me to come meet him and his friends somewhere so I throw on some simple clothes and head downstairs.

(Your Outfit)

"Mom I'm going to meet Richie and his friends!" I yell as I open the front door

"Ok just be careful" she yelled back and with that I walked out the door and hopped in my Jeep to go meet my trash talking cousin. I head towards the bridge they told me to meet them and when I got there I saw him and three other boys on bikes so I pulled past the bridge and parked on the side of the road. After I parked I walked back to the bridge where the boys were standing, I gave Richie a hug and hopped up onto the side of the bridge and sat there. The boys just looked at me for a second everyone just waiting for someone to say something, it was quiet for a second until a taller boy with a stutter broke the silence.

"H-hi I'm B-B-Bill" the kid said stuttering then reaching out to shake my hand. I shake his hand with a smile then look at the other two boys.

"Hello I'm Eddie" a smaller boy with a fanny pack as he smiles and reaches out to shake my hand and I do the same. I looked at the last boy who had curly hair.

"I'm Stanley, it's nice to meet you" he says politely and shakes my hand with a smile. I then smile at the three boys.

"Well Bill, Eddie, and Stanley it's nice to meet you guys. I'm y/n" I told them with a big smile on my face at the fact that I was already making friends. Then Richie decides to be a funny little smartass as usual.

"Hi I'm Richie" he said with a big grin

"I unfortunately already know you fucknut" I said as me and all the boys start to laugh

"Ouch" Richie says laughing and putting one hand on his heart and fist bumping me with the other. We sit there for a second and talk.

"So Rich what are we gonna do" I asked him trying to figure out why out of everywhere he wanted to meet at an old bridge.

"I figured you could meet the guys so you knew some people then we could walk down to the barrens and let you know some helpful stuff to know about the place" I give him an 'oh ok' look as he starts to walk towards the edge of the woods with me and the boys following him.

"Ok so fill me in" I said looking at my little cousin

Well we always ride our bikes around town and come down here a lot," he starts as he points at the river we were walking along "we also hang out at the quarry a lot where we jump off a cliff into a like and swim around" he finished. He told me some other stuff about what they do when they aren't at school and some of the places they go and where they are. Then I hear Eddie speak up into the conversation.

"Yeah you just have to watch out for Bowers" he says with a slight scared tone in his voice. As soon as he finished his sentence Richie burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. I was so confused at what was going on. Why was Richie laughing so hard and who is this Bowers kid?

"Who's Bowers?" I said looking at Eddie waiting for his response as Richie continues to laugh like a crazy person.

"Henry Bowers, he's the biggest asshole in Derry, he will bully anyone and everyone with his friends." After he finished what he was saying I realized why Richie was laughing and burst into laughter myself which made Richie laugh even harder, we were laughing at the situation and to make it even worse we were laughing at each other so much that we both fell over and were in tears.

"W-whats so f-f-funny" Bill stutters out. Richie and I slow our laughing down and he takes a deep breath so he could talk even though he was still giggling.

"Bowers should watch for her" he says through the giggles and I was still laughing calming myself down.

"Why?" Stan look at us curiously as Richie gives me a 'you tell them' look so I figure out where to start

"Well I've been kicked out of three differents schools for fighting, I have been handcuffed in the middle of class, I had to spend some time in juvenile, and I put a girl in the hospital." I named off the list as the three boys jaws dropped and Richie just looked at them with a grin. All the boys could say was "damn" and to kill the silence I bumped Richie making him stumble and making everyone laugh. I look around and realize how dark it was so I checked my phone and looked at the time.

"Shit guys we probably should get going because we have school tomorrow and I have to go home and get stuff ready." They nodded in agreement with what I had said so we walk back up to the bridge and I tell all the boys bye and fist bump the three boys and give Richie a hug before hopping into my Jeep. As they get on their bikes I hear them yell back to me.

"Bye y/n" they all say at once.

"Bye boys, see you tomorrow" I say as we go our separate ways. I get home and grab something to eat then go up and shower and brush my teeth and do the rest of my nightly routine and pack my bag for tomorrow. I plugged in my phone and lay down, as I lay in bed I start to wonder how tomorrow will go. I lay there thinking until I feel my eyes get heavy and close.

A/n: This is my first book and I'm going to try my best and I really hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading.