3 - The One Where You Have a Quirk Apprehension Test

Quirk Apprehension Test

You liked where you sat. In the back left. It was so, perfectly normal. What wasn't normal was the tall boy with glasses scolding some blond about respecting the desks. You looked twice and quickly recognize that "blond" as the boy who had gotten caught by the sludge villain. You wanted to ask him what it was like so you could get ideas for how to show fear in your writing, but... his attitude didn't look like one to mess with from what you saw.

You did a quick scan of the classroom. Everyone looked so different and interesting. You were worried if you would stand out because of how normal-looking you were. Minoru sat two seats away from you. Speaking of him, you could see him already eyeing all of the girls in the class.

What type of quirks did they all have? You had never felt this intrigued by strangers before.

A girl and a boy were standing in the doorway. You also recognized the boy as the green-haired kid that put himself in danger for the ungrateful guy. I wonder if they're friends. He and the bubbly girl he was with were both blushing and stuttering. How cute.

"Alright, everyone in your seats, now," a deep male voice ordered.

Everyone looked around, wondering where it came from. The two at the doorway looked down in horror. A man, presumably the teacher, was stepping out of a yellow sleeping bag.

You knew that all of the teachers at UA were pros, but you had no idea who this guy was. Then again, you didn't know much about professional heroes. He made his way to the front of the classroom. "I am your teacher, Shouta Aizawa. Change into your gym clothes and head outside."

As everyone headed to the locker rooms, your only friend came up to you with a request. He smiled creepily, and you already knew what he was going to say. You began planning how you were going to say 'No.'

"Please... take pictures of the girls changing for m—"

"No."

"But—"

"That's just wrong, Noru."

He sighed in defeat. True, you typically didn't have a problem with helping him with his... fantasies, but you had boundaries. You never violated the privacy of others.

Once outside, Aizawa got straight to the point. "You're having a quirk apprehension test."

A test on the first day?

The bubbly girl spoke up. "But sir, what about the orientation?"

"It's pointless," he answered without hesitation and continued without missing a beat. "I know when you were in middle school, you weren't allowed to use your quirks, so you couldn't do your best on your physical exams."

He asked the angry blond (Bakugo, you found out) how far he could throw a ball, and he begrudgingly answered seventy meters. Bakugo then threw the ball with an exploding type of quirk, yelling 'DIE,' and it travelled over seven hundred meters. So he has a strong quirk. And a strong personality.

"Whoever gets the lowest score will be expelled because they clearly have no potential."

The test was much more difficult that you thought it would be. You had never thought about how to use your quirk for physical things, so you depended on your (very average) athletic ability to make it through. It was a wonder that you passed the entrance exam.

At the end of it all, the class waited expectantly for the results. You found yourself in the nineteenth place, narrowly missing expulsion. The person in last was someone named Izuku Midoriya. Poor him.

It wasn't hard to find out who he is, with everyone's eyes on him. Oh. He's the one that tried to save Bakugo. You wondered if he would still get expelled despite making it through a portion of the test with a broken finger. Your question was soon answered.

"By the way, the expulsion was a lie."

The classroom was filled with lively chatter as soon as everyone got back. One of your seat-neighbours, the one you discovered was called Iida, immediately addressed you.

"(L/N)! Why did you not use your quirk during the test?" He questioned, waving his stiff arms about. "I believe that you wouldn't have performed so poorly had you used it."

I don't like him.

"Why do you care?" was what you almost said, but you caught yourself. Instead, you responded with a cheerful sounding, "I'm not very skilled with my quirk quite yet, so I think that using it would have worsened my score." You mentally applauded yourself for how genuine your response sounded.

He nodded. "I understand. But now we all vaguely know each other's quirks except for yours. This may bring you unwanted attention."

You had to refrain yourself from letting go of your poker face. "I don't think anyone cares." Of course, you were only half right, but it made him turn away.

The student to your left got your attention next. You studied his face, never having seen a bird like him before. He spoke quietly and in an even tone. "I sense a great darkness within you."

Please just give me a normal person to talk to.

Question: do you want (y/n) to have a love interest in this story?