14 - A Strange Sense of Intimacy

The One Where You Have a Second Meeting

"(Y/n), I think I know something about you..."

You might have been clueless as to what he was talking about in any other circumstance. Now was not any other circumstance. The fact that you easily recalled your "run-in" with the villains showed that you weren't traumatized at all. You even forgot about your cut.

You were not clueless, and neither was he.

"You are... into villainy, aren't you?" Shoto did not break the eye contact. "Well, maybe not villainy. But you wouldn't mind being a villain as long as you reach your goal."

"Shoto..." You faltered and averted your gaze to your lap. "If people read my books... yes, I don't care which path I take."

He wasn't swayed by your answer. All he could think about is where the friendship between him and you would go. Probably down the drain. Hopefully not.

But he didn't want that. When it finally dawned on him, his resolve was strengthened. He did not want to turn you in. He did not want to lose touch with you. Even now, he did not feel any differently about you. He placed his hand on yours ever so gently and spoke the words of a true genius. "Ok."

You glanced up at him. "Ok?"

"Yes. Ok." He removed the hand beside your neck and grabbed your other hand. When he smiled, it was strangely maniacal. "Yes! (Y/n), I do not care if you become a villain for good. I am still your friend."

Your jaw dropped. You stared at him for a few seconds more, until you noticed a tingling sensation in your hands. You looked down and saw they were not their normal color. Shoto had them in his suffocating grip, and his own hands were paling from clenching yours. Yet, his energy rubbed off on you. You whispered, "Yes." Then you matched his enthusiasm. "Yes!"

The next day, after school

You turned in your paperwork for your internship. You ended up not choosing to intern with the woman you were so excited about. Mirko. You did not feel safe interning with a top hero like her. Instead, you chose one of the more average choices – some unpopular pro named Profe Gun in Matsutori.

Your choice did not go unnoticed by your teacher. "(L/n), you were given an offer from Mirko. I was sure you'd choose her."

Darn it. "I've always been a bit of a fan of Profe Gun." What a lie. You had no idea that he existed.

"Is that so? Not a wise decision, but it's your choice," he muttered and put your paperwork away.

Oh, Aizawa. You'd have to be careful around him. His instincts and cleverness were not to be taken lightly.

You began to pack your supplies to leave for the day until they were thrown off of your desk with a blast. You groaned and picked them up slowly, glaring at the attacker. "What was that for?"

Bakugo grinned. "You thought it was so funny to tease me about getting first place, huh!?"

He was still mad about that? As much as you would have loved to let your mouth run loose, standing out was not what you were going for. You sucked in your pride. "Sorry."

"WHAT!? WEAK ASS, JUST FIGHT ME!" He slammed his hand on your desk and with his other he threw your backpack, spilling its contents.