15 - Written

The One Where The Title Appears

When you returned to where you left Shoto, you saw him leaning against the wall in wait. "That was fast," he remarked.

You shrugged. "There wasn't much to be said."

The cool touch of his right hand was then on your cheek. Oh, right. Toga. The blood was still a bit wet. His hand got even colder, and when he pulled it away, there was a red stick in his hand. "Bloodsicle."

You snickered at his antics. Who knew that he could joke around, too? He smiled in response to your laugh, but then his face turned stern. "I thought you were... working with them. So why?" He stared at the long red cut down the side of your face.

"There's this girl... she is crazy," you admitted, referencing Toga. "It's just her. She won't kill me, but she has some twisted idea of what friendship is."

"So she is your friend?" He asked, but it was clear that you only had one option to choose from as your response.

You shook your head. "No. I have one friend."

The next few days were normal. You went to school for the rest of the week, did not meet with the League, and sustained a lot more of Bakugo's harassments. Aoyama was always there, albeit he conveniently showed up whenever your aggressor was gone. Every time after, you would reassure Shoto that Aoyama was not a friend of yours.

The end of the week came sooner than anyone thought, and already it was the night before everyone left for their internships.

You were in your room, fingers hovering over your keyboard. The recent events really got your mind going, and now you had too many ideas to keep track of.

"New story?" Shoto, laying on your floor, turned to see the glowing, empty screen of your laptop.

"A novella. Not a lame short story, but a longer short story." Motivation coursed through every part of your body. This was the one. You were going to enter it in a writing competition – any competition; you didn't care. As long as you won, and little by little, more people knew you, that was all that mattered. "This is the one, Shoto. I am going to write a novella."

"Like your hero na-" He cut himself off, his hand slapped over his mouth in an instant. "Sorry. It slipped."

It was crazy how only a week ago you still believed that becoming a hero was the only way to get your name out there. How your life had taken such a turn in such little time.

~

"Tell her to put me in it!" You exclaimed one night during dinner. Your parents were telling you about a new and upcoming author that they had high hopes for.

Your mother laughed her beautiful, soothing laugh. "We don't do that, (y/n). The story has already been written."

You mumbled inaudible things and pushed the food around your plate. Even if it was already written, she could change it anyways, right? Well, of course not. But you were three and did not care if she could or could not.

"Me too! Me too!" Ayano cheered, throwing her hands up and making a mess.

Your father sighed and began to clean up her thrown food. "We will tell her to put all of you in it! A story just for you."

The future for their client's story had long since been decided by the author herself. Its future... was written.

~

You pushed your chair back and stood up, exhausted after writing absolutely nothing. The overload of ideas swarming your mind jammed your creative juices. You laid down, face-up on your bed and stared at the ceiling as if it held the answer to your problems. What am I doing?

Making a deal with the villains? What did that make you? Another villain? – or a terrible citizen? The name Novella rung in your ears. Instead of a wonderful, book-writing hero, would Novella be a villain?

I mean, yeah. That was exactly what you were going for.

"(Y/n)?" Shoto called. "You have not said anything for a minute."

"I was having a flashback. Do not worry about me, dear side character," you said, effortlessly shattering the fourth wall.

He stared at you blankly.

"You know, Shoto..." You sat up on your bed and make direct eye contact with him. "This whole villain thing has turned my life upside down, but in a good way."

"Same here." He propped his hands behind him to sit more comfortably, then let out a single, strong laugh. "I might just join you one day. In the future."

Now this. This was news to you. It was more than enough that he accepted you despite what you decided to do. If he... worked with you in the future? Become famous villains friends? It was as if your fantasy was expanding and becoming more and more possible.

Your lips curled only a little a first. Then your smile stretched from one side of your face to the other. It was so sudden that your delicate wound re-opened – you didn't pay it any attention, though. "I'd like that."

You hopped off of your bed and seated yourself in front of your laptop once more. Shoto could almost see the energy radiating from you. He stood beside you, placing his hand on your shoulder, his eyes onlooking your monitor.

You weren't sure where the story would end up.

You had no idea when it would end.

You did not know what would happen along the way.

Nevertheless, your fingers danced across the keyboard, bringing a single sentence to life on your screen.

Their future was not Written, nor would it ever be.