16 - Ibanejelly and Wook

The One Where You Meet Your Intern

The station was lively and bustling. Your classmates' 'goodbye's and 'see you next week's filled the area. Because he was interning with his own father, Shoto had no reason to be there. You found that you had nobody to say goodbye to in your class.

"Hey (l/n)! We're both going to Matsutori!" an energetic voice boomed from behind you as you waited for the train to arrive and end the awkward situation.

"What a coincidence," you replied dully. Sato stood right next to you. You recalled having spoke to him in the beginning of the year. You waited for the familiar "I didn't know you were friends with him," only to remember that Shoto wasn't there.

Sato tried to strike up a conversation. "So, who are you interning under?"

"Profe Gun." You kept your answer brief in hopes that he would stop talking.

"Wow, I've never heard of that hero! Anyways, I'm going with—"

You tuned him out.

You knocked the door of Profe Gun's house. It was small, leading you to believe that he lived alone. You were shocked, to say the least, when a little girl with uneven light blue hair swung the door open. A boy who seemed to be in his late teens appeared behind her. He wore a magician's hat, but a lock of his wavy dark blue hair in the front flowed out from under it. Your phone suddenly rang with a message, but you ignored it.

TWO kids?

"Daddy, the UA girl is here!" The girl cheered and pulled you inside.

You expected her father to make an entrance. You assumed wrong again. The teen boy extended his gloved hand to you. "(Y/n) (l/n), I am Profe Gun. I hope our time together is beneficial for you." A cheeky smile was set on his face. You thought it made him look ugly.

You hesitantly shook his hand. How old was this guy? You wanted to ask but deemed it inappropriate to be the first thing for you to say to him. "Thank you." So you made it the second. "Excuse me, but how old are you?"

He maintained his smile. "Twenty."

The little girl, his daughter apparently, tugged on your jacket. "He's lying! He's niiiineteen!"

So he was a teenager. Doubt flooded your mind now. How were you supposed to learn from someone who was as new as "new hero" gets? And why did he have a kid? You lightly laughed to hide your suspicions.

Profe Gun closed the door behind you. "I understand that you've just arrived, but please change into comfortable clothes. We will begin straight away. Van will show you to where you will be staying."

Van giggled and grabbed your hand, leading you down a hallway. The house was bigger than you thought. After what seemed like a very long minute, your tiny guide stopped at a door. "With all of these twists and turns, I may just get lost!" You joked to settle your nerves.

"Oh? Van can wait for you here," Van offered, and you gratefully accepted.

Your room was not anything special. It had a twin-sized bed, a dresser, and a door that most likely led to a restroom. It was quite the opposite of special. You quickly dressed yourself. As you went to open the door, you halted. Maybe I should check that message from earlier. Quickly, you lifted your phone from your pocket.