9 - He Should Not Violate

The One Where You Participate in the Sports Festival, But Now it is Part Two

Shoto sat across from you and watched as you slowly lifted rice to your mouth. He took note of your exhausted face. He recalled how you barely made it past the first event, and he knew that you didn't remember a thing from the second one. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that you weren't very good at keeping up with the level of everyone else in class, and you were rather weak. In fact, he began to wonder how he even befriended you. I liked her tearsicle joke... she was sad but made it happy. She's also pretty.

"Are you okay?"

His sudden question startled you. "What? Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"You look really tired," he said. "But only two rounds have passed, so that's strange."

You actually knew why you were tired for once. You explained, "During the obstacle race, I enhanced my body three times all at once. That takes quite a toll, especially because I'm really weak."

He listened intently and waited until you finished speaking to ask, "I've seen how you actually try hard when we practice during classes, so why does that still make you so tired?"

You shrugged. "Beats me. The cavalry battle must have gotten to me as well." You sipped your water. "I guess I'll have to try even harder if I want to..."

"(Y/n), why do you want to become a hero anyways?"

Was lying the way to go here? Should you have made up some believable and selfless reason? You decided against that and instead answered truthfully. "Well..." you faltered. "I like writing stories, but I don't know how to get people to read them. If I'm a hero and become famous, people will know me and read my books. So, in a way, it's really for the fame."

When he didn't respond right away, you sighed. "I am pretty selfish, huh? I shouldn't have applie—"

"You just want people to read your stories," he stated. "And you'd be helping people as well. There's nothing wrong with that. That is a nice reason." He stopped you before you discouraged yourself any further.

You smiled. "Thanks, Shoto." I'll have to work even harder, then!

You were working hard. Yes, working hard as you desperately dashed around the arena, trying your hardest to avoid Kaminari. Ten seconds in, and sweat was already pouring down your face and your legs ached. Each time you stopped to write, he was on your tail again throwing blasts of electric yellow at you. You were fried, both physically and... just physically.

"KAMINARI DOESN'T HESITATE AND ATTACKS (L/N) MERCILESSLY AS SHE FLEES. WILL THIS BATTLE BE OVER SO SOON?"

Gee thanks, Mic.

You halted completely and tapped a specific part of the sole of your shoe. rubber suit, it read right up until the moment those words turned into a rubber suit encasing you. You looked really foolish, a Class A girl running away from her opponent in a rubber suit.

"WHAT'S THIS? THE BOOK GIRL MAKES A MAD DASH FROM HER OPPONENT IN A NEW OUTFIT?"

"Don't be scared, (l/n)! Come fight me!" Kaminari called out as he chased you. "I promise I'll end this quickly!"

You stopped running again, and sent a Fatigue his way. He slowed down in mere seconds and panted, appearing worn out.