Chapter 4 The Trigger

He stepped away from his surveillance table, happy with what he had seen. Delilah was causing every issue she could, which kept a fair few people busy. She would rant and rave about how there was a deep seeded conspiracy about how the so called heroes were being protected from the reprocussions of their actions. He couldn't have said it better himself.

Dusting his lab coat off, he walked down the stairs into his living room. His dog, Roland, ran up to him and started prancing around Rubbing behind his ears, he went and fed him before leaving him to nap as he headed to his car. A pristine blue Honda sat in his garage, ready to prowl the streets.
Inside the car he could smell the freshness of the previous wash, he could see the clean leather bounds on the seats, could even hear the roar of the engine that he loved. Every time he drove it he was reminded of why he bought it in the first place. The sole reason for his revenge.

He parked behind a charming little cafe, getting out and locking his car whilst looking about. Noone paid him any heed, so he walked on. Walking round the back and climbing the ladder he had climbed hundreds of times before. This particular rooftop overlooks the sanctuary, just high enough to look over the wall. He could see the front doors of the sanctuary itself, everyone who entered and exited was seen by him. Either with his own eyes or his camcorder. It livestreamed to his place, so when Veronica had called him, he knew she was telling the truth. Valkyrie Cain was back, this was what he needed. The sole reason returned. The trigger for his plan. Now he could proceed with his operation to rid Roarhaven of the false heroes. And deliver the righteousness they so desperately deserved.