Four Months Later

*Yawn*

I slowly got up from the bed I was lying in.

"Hey! Haruka! Are you up yet!? Come help with making breakfast!" I heard a voice say.

I smiled to myself.

Now. You may be wondering; how did I end up here to be exact?

Well, it started four months ago after I decided to leave the Moon Demon Company, and everyone associated with it, behind.

Though, I did keep my old clothes as a keep sake.

I didn't have the heart back then to just throw away the only thing related to my past.

And I still don't.

And in case you are wondering why that girl called me Haruka, instead of Y/N, is simple. In order to truly run away I had to change my name.

My name as of now is; Haruka Nanase.

And before you ask, yes. I named myself after a Free! character.

It was just the first thing that came to mind.

Anyways, here's what happened.

For the first month I went from place to place; city to city, you get the gist.

Well, at one point, I ran out of a food source and ended up collapsing out of exhaustion.

Then, right when I thought I was going to die, a girl took me in and gave me food and shelter.

And since I felt indebted to her; I've been helping her out.

And when she asked for my name, Haruka Nanase was the first thing that popped into my head.

Anyways.

Back to the story.

"Yeah, I'm up, Kaori." I said starting to get dressed.

"Okay. Meet me outside to help pick the apples." She said walking away.

I smiled softly.

'I'm glad it's peaceful now. But I have to wonder... How are Yuu and the others holding up? It's already been four months... I can't say I don't miss them... But, it was for the best. It would have happened eventually.'

I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me.

"Is this too much? It seems a little girly..." I said to myself.

I then shrugged.

"I should just be thankful I'm getting free clothes and a free place to stay." I said walking outside to help pick the apples.

...

Kaori and I continued to pick the apples when I started to hear helicopters flying towards us.