Reminiscing

I stared at the unconscious girl.

The girl started to stir.

Her eyes opened.

The deep blue orbs stared back at me.

"Christina? Is that really you?" I asked her slowly as I stood up and cautiously walked towards her.

I slowly squatted down to her level and stared her in the eyes.

I slowly reached out my hand and slowly touched her face.

"Christina? Is that really you? Or am I dreaming again?" I said quietly.

She opened her mouth slightly.

Then she smiled at me.

"It's me Y/N. I'm back." She said and then hugged me.

I hugged her back and started crying.

I sat in her arms sobbing.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." I repeated over and over again.

Everyone else just watched us and let us have our moment.

...

After, a good, half an hour Kureto started to talk.

"Y/N. What exactly did you do?" Kureto said.

I wiped my face of any remaining traces of tears and looked up at him.

"I was looking up spells on how to bring back the dead. And, as you can see, I found one. So, I decided to try and bring back Christina." I said looking him straight in the eye.

"Y/N, are you aware of the consequences of bringing back the dead?" Guren said to me.

"Yes. The book had a warning that this spell will take away half of my life. So, if I were going to live until I were, say, ninety years old, I would live until I am forty-five years old." I stated flatly to him.

Guren looked like he was about to say something, but Mika beat him to it.

"And you did this knowing it would cost you half of your life?" Mika said and I nodded.

"Are you an idiot?! What would have happened if you only live until you're twenty!? You would be dead right now!" Mika yelled at me and I cringed away.

"I understand why all of you are mad at me. You all have made it very clear to me that you care for me. But. If I were given the option to do it again for someone I care for, I would do it. Because that's how much all of you mean to me." I said to them.

The determination in my voice startling them.

Shinya sighed and spoke.

"Well. In any case, Guren, big brother Kureto. Should we tell them what we found about the book?" Shinya said.

"Yes. Everyone, follow me to my office." Kureto said as he walked towards his office and we followed after him.

...

Once we were in his office Kureto stood by his desk that had the book on it.

We gathered around his desk.

Kureto then started talking.

"From the information we gathered about this book we have concluded it is safe to use." He informed us.

Guren stepped up to speak.

"That means our next course of action would be to find the other two books." Guren stated.

"That's easier said than done." Shinya said laughing a little.

"Have you already forgotten about the readings we've found in those two places?" Kureto stated.

"Yes, but; how do we know those readings are where the books are? There's no way to know for sure." Shinoa said.

"No. I'm positive it's there. I don't know how I know, but all I know is; it's there. I'm sure of it." I said looking at the book with a distant look in my eyes.

"Maybe Y/N can sense something about it that we just can't sense?" Christina said quietly.

They all looked towards Christina and then back at me.

"That would make sense... She is an Angel after all." Mika said after a long moment of silence.

"So, in other words, because she herself is a divine being; she is drawn to other divine things? That's interesting. I'll give her that." Crowley stated more to himself than to the rest of us.

Ferid just stared at us with an amused smile.

"Alright. It's settled then. Tomorrow we head out for a two part mission. First we will head to the Nishiki Shopping District to find one of the two other books we need. Then, directly after we will head to the Nishitoyama Park in Shinjuku. If all goes well and we find the other two books: we will perform the ritual so we can send both Y/N and Christina back to their original home." Kureto stated.

"Everyone's dismissed." Kureto said after that.

Everybody was about to leave until Christina spoke up.

"Where do I go? In case you've forgotten; I've been 'dead' for a long time now. I don't exactly have a place to go back to." She said.

Hearing her say that made me feel guilty.

I was feeling the same guilt I felt when I first killed her when I went out of control.

I then grabbed her hands in mine and looked at her with a guilty expression.

"Don't worry. You can stay at my place. It's the least I can do..." I said the last sentence quietly so she couldn't hear me.

But I wasn't quiet enough because everyone heard it but decided to ignore it.

Christina had a small smile on her face and nodded.

I beamed at that and grabbed only one hand and started running while pulling her along behind me.

"Let's go then!" I said as we ran to my house.

...

Once we were there I got out my keys and I opened the door.

Christina sat down on my bed and I did the same.

We sat next to each other in silence.

I turned my head slightly to look at her.

'Is she mad at me for what I did...? If she is, I don't blame her. I deserve it...' I thought as I continued to look at her with that glossed over look in my eyes.

"I don't blame you Y/N. I know you didn't mean for that to happen. I know you. If anything, you wouldn't have done that at all if you had even the slightest bit of control. Because the you I know cares about everyone and everything and will try to protect anyone with your life. So you don't have to worry." She said and slowly turned to me with a smile.

"I don't blame you." She said still smiling at me.

It was the happiest smile I had ever seen on her face.

I almost forgot that I was talking to Christina, because usually she didn't smile much.

Tears started to form in my eyes and then they streamed down my face, because I couldn't hold them in.

I then hugged her while sobbing in her shoulder.

"Everything was so hard without you. I felt so alone. You were the one person who could truly understand me and I ended up killing you! I couldn't forgive myself! I had spent countless of nights trying to bring you back. Everything was leading to dead ends. I was so close to giving up but then I found the answer right under my nose. I was so relieved. And when it worked I thought you would never forgive me... I don't even forgive myself!" I cried and sobbed out all of the things I had been holding in all these months since I lost Christina.

"It's okay. You're not alone anymore. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere..." She said and I slowly cried myself to sleep in her arms.

...