Chapter Nine: The Key

(Y/n) POV

A week later...

I walked into class and was greeted by Kaminari. I smiled slightly and just walked to my seat. I've been distant lately. I know that they are getting worried about me but I couldn't get the conversation between Recovery Girl and that man out of my head. Why were they talking about me? What are they keeping from me? Who did I remind him off? These questions would fill my head through everything I did.

"(Y/n), is everything okay?" I looked up and found Kirishima standing next to me with a worried expression. "Yeah, I just can't be here right now." I got up and went to the sleeping Aizawa.

It appears him on the shoulder. He grumbled as he sat up. "Aizawa, I can't be here. Can I please go back to my dorm please?" He nodded. "Take someone with you." "I will but their from a different class." He sighed and wrote something on a piece of paper. "Give this to their teacher and they should be free to leave." I nodded and took the piece of paper. I looked back at Kirishima and Bakugo. Each of them gave me some sort of a worried expression but I just left the classroom.

I walked down the corridor and saw class 1-C. 'Perfect.' I knocked on the door and was greeted by a "Come in." I opened the door and handed the note to the teacher. He took it and sighed. "And who do you want to be with you?" I smirked. "Shinso." I looked over at Shinso as me and him made eye contact. "Shinso, are you going to go with her?" He furrowed his eye brows and squinted his eyes. "Yes." He said out of interest. He stood up and got his things together to walk out of the class.

We walked half way down the corridor together silently. "Okay, why do you want me with you?" I smirked. "I need you help." We kept walking until we got to my dorm. I unlocked it and walked inside with Shinso. "Sit on the bed. I need to explain something to you."

"Okay, what?" He asked after a couple of minutes as I sat on the bed. "I think I've been lied to my whole life." I said. He sighed. "What do you mean?" Shinso's face went from natural to concern. "I grew up with villains. My father is a villain but a week ago I heard recovery girl talking to this man and how I reminded him of someone. They're keeping something from me and I need to find out what it is."  I explained. He gave me an 'are you serious' look. I didn't say anything. "So what do you want me to do?" I smiled. "I want you to use your quirk to get a book and key off of that man. I think it holds what I need to know." I suggested. "What if we get caught?" I shook my head. "Then blame it on me. I'm more known as a villain here anyway." He nodded.

"What do I get in return?" He wondered. I thought for a moment. I didn't think that far ahead. I was stumped until it came to me. "You want to be a hero, right? I can train you." He shook his head. "Look, All for one, my father, has trained me since I was seven. He's unbeatable and so am I. That's without using my quirk." He sighed. "Fine. If you help me train, I'll help you with this but you're taking the blame if we get in trouble." I nodded and held out my hand. "Deal." He shook it. "When I found them, it was in a Saturday about six in the mourning. That's our best shot." He nodded.

"Well, now you don't have classes all day, what do you want to do?" I asked. "Train, lets go." I sighed. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of my dorm. I locked it and I followed him to the training grounds. We put our things on the seats by it and walked onto the pitch.

"Okay, rule one, don't be reliant on your quirk. Especially someone like you." I said. He looked at me weirdly. "Umm, someone with an attack and defend quirk, like me, can use it to hurt or block the opponent. You shouldn't do that. You need to know how to actually fight without using it."

"And someone like me?" I thought for a moment. "Someone like you, need to ask someone a question, then you are able to win. In battle, you won't have much time for that. You need to attack them physically." He thought for a moment. "That makes sense." I smiled.

A couple of hours later...

I pushed him to the floor for what felt like a thousandth time. "You're doing well." I said getting off of him and helping him up. "You've lasted way longer than any of the other ones. You're learning really quick." I smiled. "You are really tough to beat." He said out of breath. "Yeah, I'm unbeatable so I would be. It's not like anyone else will know. Aizawa doesn't let me fight specifically or train so I kind of have to train myself." He placed a hand on my back. "Sorry." I shrugged. "It's fine. I'm used to training everyday so it's a big change for me to be allowed to rest."

We heard clapping on one side of the pitch and saw Aizawa and the class. The class was clapping but Aizawa just stood there. I just ignored them. "Does this make us friends now?" I asked. "Ugh, I guess." I squealed with excitement.

Kirishima, Kaminari and I think his name was Sero all came up to me and Shinso. "That was so cool. How did you learn to fight like that?" Kaminari asked. I laughed nervously.

Before I could say anything, a signature phrase was said behind me. "I AM HERE!" I turned around with a smile but saw the same key on his belt. "Shinso." I whispered. He looked at me. "Yeah." I pointed to the key. "That's the same key that was on the man a week ago." He looked. "That opens his office." I smirked. "Then we don't need a key. I can pick the lock." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back towards the school.

I brought us back to my dorm. 'This is going to be harder than I thought.' I sighed. "We need a plan." He looked at me with the same look he's been giving me from the beginning. He was confused. "I thought you said you could pick locks." I nodded. "I can but I always have a plan and a back up plan. You never know if something could go wrong." He took a breath and held it for  a couple of seconds. "Okay, now you're giving me anxiety." I laughed. "We just have to keep a close eye on him and see when he leaves his office." I explained. He shook his head. "If we get caught we could get thrown out of the school." "Shinsou, we are blaming everything on me, remember? I won't put your reputation at risk like that unless I know that we can get away with it." He made eye contact with me. His eyes shown determination. "Okay."