~ Chapter 11 ~

***

Y/n POV

"It is a type of sleep paralysis. Don't panick! You just have to be aware of your surroundings, acknowledge that you know what is happening. Close your eyes and then think about being back in your body, it's like magic. You can only control it when you are in the state where you can see your body. You can't control whether or not you go back to it or not." He explained. "What if I cant get back into my body??" I asked worried. "You can, you just have to know that you can. It is a mind set," he said calmly (A/n: This isn't real *that I know of lol* and I am just making it up while I go).  "Thanks. Are we able to pick anything up or anything? What about the people, are we able to talk to them?" I asked, more calm this time. "You can only touch objects that will always be objects. That means: no humans, food, animals, etcetera," he looked down so I could only see the top of his curly blonde hair. "Oh.. so if we touch it will the other people see it moving?" I asked. "I don't know, I've never tried with someone in the room." He explained. "How do you know about all of this?" He had to have someone explain it all to him, right? "I've been in the hospital for about a month now and it has happened to me most of the nights I went to sleep." he said, lifting his head. "What happened to you?" I felt as if I was talking to a ghost. "I don't know. I see people I don't really remember walking into my room and crying and I don't even remember them, I think I got brain damage. I am pretty sure I was in a plane crash, or something along those lines. All I can remember was getting on a plane to go to Hawaii and they brought me to the nearest hospital." he said while lifting up his shirt to reveal a scar going down the middle of his stomach. "I'm so sorry.. that sounds horrible. I got in a car crash but I still remember most of the people I knew, event the ones I wanted to forget.." I remembered earlier when Carson came by. I looked up and he was gone. He must've left. That's when I saw nurses running down the hall, in a rush. I heard one say that a patient was flat lining. I ran behind them to see who it was and it was Cody.. I got a lump in my throat. Will that happen to me? I started to cry and I closed my eyes. 

***

I woke up in my bed. I knew I was back to normal. I got out of bed and unhooked everything and walked down the hall. I saw Cody still in his room, they must've been able to do something to save him. I sighed in relief. All of a sudden, he opened his eyes. "Hey," he said while looking up at me. "Hi.. what happened?" I asked. "It might scare you, but it's crucial to know. Go back to-- you know--" he said while smiling. I nodded and walked back to my room where I got in bed, fell asleep, and opened my eyes and I once again was in the chair next to my bed. I walked out in the hall and saw Cody walking over. He waved and smiled before walked into my room. "Whatcha doin?" He asked, cheerfully. "Nothing. Okay now tell me what is so important," I said nervously with a smile. "If you stay in this state for too long, your body thinks your soul is leaving and it kills you, and you go into the afterlife," he sighed. "Oh my god.. but you were able to come back?" I asked. "Yeah.. I got really lucky." He said while looking at me in the eyes. "How long can we be in this state before going to the afterlife?" I asked. "Around 10 to 16 hours." He responded. "Wow.. what were you doing like this for so long?" I asked looking at him with concern. "I was exploring. You can still live when you are able to do this, you just have to be careful and there are limits," he walked over and sat on the couch, "You have to stay within 600 feet of your body, so you do have some freedom." My jaw dropped and we laughed. We heard the door opening and we looked over to see who it was. It was Ondreaz. I nodded to him and he left, then I closed my eyes and woke up in bed. "Hey princess," he smiled at me. "Hi Dre, what are you doing back here?" I asked. "Why, are you disappointed to see me?" he joked. "No just thinking you have stuff to do." I said smiling back at him. "The nurse said you are free to go home tomorrow morning so I am going to stay the night and drive you home tomorrow." he said, grabbing my hand and holding it. "Okay, did you get my stuff?" I asked holding his hand back. "Already taken care of," Dre said. "Sweet. I can't wait to go home and see everyone," I smiled and closed my eyes of the thought.

The nurse came in and informed us that I was able to walk around to go to the bathroom or cafeteria, just take it easy. I got up and grabbed Dre's hand. We walked to the cafeteria. When we were walking down the hall, I looked in Cody's room and he waved, I smiled and waved back. "Who was that?" asked Dre. "Oh just a friend. He got in a plane crash and he has amnesia, he doesn't remember anyone." I explained holding his hand tighter. I can't wait to go home! We went to the cafeteria and got some food, went back to our room, ate and then we went to bed. Dre was going to sleep on the couch. "Dre come here," I said, I lifted the blanket and scooted over for him to get in bed with me. He climbed in and we cuddled before drifting off to sleep. 

***

I opened my eyes and I was looking at me and Dre, sleeping peacefully. I heard a knock on the door before it opened, revealing Cody. "Hey," I said while waving him over to sit on the couch with me. "Hey.. who is that?" He asked. "Oh that is my friend Ondreaz." I explained. "Oh.. so you're leaving tomorrow?" He asked. "Yeah.. it sucks but I can't wait to get out of here." I said while smiling at him. "I get out in a few weeks," He said returning the smile. I stood up and hugged him for a few seconds. "Goodby-" I was cut off by Dre's phone vibrating next to us. We watched him as he woke up and he looked at his phone and smiled. I walked over to him and leaned in to see who he was texting. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: CLIFFHANGER!! I hope you guys liked this chapter! It took  me a while so it better be good. Also Cody won't be gone forever!! I will update tomorrow, or maybe today if I feel like it. Peace, love you girlies! <3