Chapter 3

"Is this entire state uphill?" Murphy complained as we dragged ourselves through the forest.

"Where are we anyway?" I asked.

Warren looked at the map in her hand and said, "According to the map we're in the Black Hills of South Dakota."

"My legs are killing me." Cassandra said as we continued through the forest.

"I wish we had the truck." I groaned.

"At least we got away from the horde." Warren replied.

"There's nothing to kill out here." 10k said.

"Find by me." She said.

"We need to find a place to camo, my dogs are getting tired." Doc huffed as he stretched his muscles.

"Well there's supposed to be a little town nearby called Edgemont. I'll take a compass reading at this next ridge up here." Warren explained.

"Key word supposed to." Murphy sassed.

"If I hear you say one more sarcastic thing exit your mouth I will grab my knife and slice your tongue out." I threatened.

He raised his hands in defence as Doc said, "Can't we take a break?"

"A quick one." Warren spoke.

"Oh my God. Look." Cassandra said as she punted towards the mountains.

"Now who in the hell did that?" Warren said as we all looked at the mountains to see it spray painted with red spray paint.

"Some daredevil with a sick sense of humor." Doc replied.

"Is that Mount Rushmore?" 10k asked.

"This is why we can't have nice things." Murphy said, throwing his hands up.

I slowly shifted my body to face Murphy and glared at him.

"Right sorry." He muttered.

"Probably the same jackass that tagged the liberty bell." Doc stated.

"I think it's awesome." 10k said.

Doc nudged the boy who just smiled.

"If I ever catch who did that, they're gonna get a whooping, come on let's find that town." Warren said.

"I thought we were taking a break?" Doc questioned.

"Break times over." She replied, causing us to groan.

We all started walking which we didn't know would result in a long hike.

"We've been waking for hours." Murphy complained. "Admit it Columbus you're lost."

I huffed and turned towards Murphy.

"I swear to god!" I yelled as I lunged at him.

He jumped back as 10k grabbed me by the waist which stopped me from attacking the virus survivor.