Chapter 7

"Is he getting any better?" I asked Warren.

"No, none of them are." She answered.

Days ago we found ourselves by the border of Mexico after we had found another truck. Some crazed chic name La Reina said we would help us but then it turned out that well all had some radioactive disease that is killing us one by one. La Reina has the medicine and cure for the disease but she doesn't want to waste it on us since she didn't know us very well and we just got here. Me, Doc and Warren are the only two in the group who haven't gotten sick from the disease yet but it's only a matter of time before we do. We can't even talk to Doc anymore because La Reina has forced him to become the new leader and take care of everyone who is sick.

"I have a plan." I said to Warren as I looked around to make sure La Reina wasn't listening.

"Is it a stupid one?" Warren asked.

"Define stupid." I said.

"Not smart." She said sarcastically.

"Then yes this plan is very stupid."

She sighed and looked at me.

"How about we just take it." I said.

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Look hear me out." I began. "She's too busy dressing up all the women in here as her personal dolls and she's practically attached herself to Doc, why don't we just go into the medical room and take it."

"Fine but you're gonna half to do it." She said.

"Why me?" I asked.

"I have to keep and eye on the group and your smaller them me. You can get in and get out without anybody noticing you." She explained.

"Fine." I said. "But if I die, and turn into a Z, I'm coming for you first."

She laughed and headed back to check in the group.

I made sure La Reina was occupied with Doc before entering the main building.

I made my ways down the empty halls and to the back of the building where the medical room was.

I looked around to make sure nobody was looking before entering the room.