Chapter 4

6 months later

"You want some?" I asked as I held out a piece up cooked rabbit to the Z sitting next to me. "Who am I kidding of course you do."

I leaned over further and have the fried rabbit keg to the zombie who gratefully took it.

"Your much better company then Murphy ever was." I said as I tapped the fire in front of me with a stick. "You don't talk as much."

All I got in response was a friendly growl.

"We should get moving." I said as I stood up and put out the fire with my boot. I took the chain lying on the ground and places it around the Z's neck and grabbed a hold of the other end so it was like a leash.

He stood up and I threw the hood of my new cloak over my head.

This walker I keep with my is fairly large, a lot of muscle, and really strong. I keep him around for protection. Not from zombies more from people who don't like to cooperate so much.

"Come on." I said to my companion.

He growled and followed me through the woods.

Over these past six months I've learned to control my abilities better. Now I can control multiple Z's at a time. Not as much as an entire horde but I can control at least dozen.

As I was walking I could hear faint voices talking, more like arguing.

I came out of the trees by the shore line of the Mississippi river and saw five people. Or five people's feet. Even though my black cloak was covering my face I still kept my head down.

"You know yelling can attract Z's." I said causing their arguing to stop.

"Especially Axle here."

I motioned toward my companion.

"What're you some kind of zombie taimer." A man's voice said.

"You could say that." I said.

"Sorry for the trouble." A women's voice said. "We just got a little bit heated." Her voice sounded familiar. 

"We're looking for a kid." She continued. "We got separated when our boat got overrun by Z's. Have you seen a tall kid, kinda pale, black hair, wears all black, has a red bandana, aviator goggles on his head?"

"Sounds like someone I used to know." I said remembering 10k.

"His name is 10k." She added.

Warren. That's who's voice it was. It was Warren.

"Warren?" I asked.

"How do you know my name?" She asked.

I removed my hood and Warren's eyes went wide.

"T?" She asked.

"The one and only." I said laughing.

"I would give you a hug but um........" She pointed towards Z behind me.

"Oh right." I said. "He won't bite, not unless I tell him to." I dropped the chain and told him to stay. He did and stood in his place.