Chapter 11

"The turns coming up here everyone get to the left side of the car." I ordered.

"T are you sure about this?" Warren asked.

"Yes now do it." I demanded again.

Warren climbed into the bed in the truck from the window and everyone shuffled to the left side of the car.

"Open the tailgate." I instructed.

10k reached over and popped open the tailgate as I watched in the review mirror.

"Almost there." I said as I sped up a little. "When I say now you jump."

We came up to the corner and I jerked the staring wheel to the right.

"Now!" I yelled.

I felt the truck shake a little at they all jumped out a landed in the edge of the woods.

"Okay it's just you now T." I mumbled to myself.

I glanced at the glove compartment and back to the road as Joshua was right on my tail.

I reached over and opened it.

"Come on please let there be one." I muttered.

I mentally cheered when I found a small lighter.

I flipped open the top and clicked it, a small flame appearing.

I set the lighter on the dashboard and reached onto the floor and grabbed Murphy's bag.

I flew forward a little bit as Joshua rammed into the back of the truck.

I grunted and started rummaging through Murphy bag as I kept my eyes on the road.

My hand stopped once I felt the cold surface of a glass bottle.

I pulled it out and saw a half filled bottle of liquor.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but thank you Murphy for wanting to get drunk in the apocalypse." I said to no one.

I set the bottle next to the lighter and used one of my hands to take off my jacket.

I wrapped it around my hand and punched the windshield until it shattered.

I threw my jacket aside and grabbed the bottle of liquor.

I used my teeth to open the twist off cap and leaned forward, dumping all the liquor out into the hood of the truck.

I clicked the lighter once again until there was a flame and threw it on the hood, lighting it on fire.

I know what you're thinking, are you trying to kill yourself?

No, is your answer. But if me dying means killing Joshua as well, then I'll do it.

I sped up as fast as I could so I was a couple yards in front of Joshua.

I jerked the wheel to the left and spin around until I was facing Joshua.

I slammed on the gas again and and speeded towards the front of Joshua's truck.

"Please work, please work, please work." I muttered under my breath.

As the car was inches away from crashing into his I grabbed my bag and swing open my door, jumping out into the road as the vehicles collided and set off a giant explosion.