Chapter 8

I woke up to yelling.

I opened my eyes and bolted up to a sitting position.

I looked around and saw that I was the only one in the bed of the truck and nobody was inside either.

When the yelling got louder I peeked over the top of the truck to see the group standing in front of a much larger group, a giant truck behind them. It looked like a delivery truck.

They looked like bandits. They had all black clothes and skill bandanas wrapped around their mouths along with blacked out sunglasses covering their eyes.

They all had the same gun. An AK 47 assault rifle.

What? I know my guns.

They were still yelling but all at the same time so I couldn't really make out what they were saying.

Quietly I slid my katana out and gripped it tight, ready to jump if any of the bandits were to make a move.

When the front bandit fired a warning shot at the ground right next to 10k I climbed onto the top of the truck and jumped over the group, swinging my katana down which resulted in me braking the front barrel off the gun that the bandit held.

"No one, hurts him." I said harshly as I kept the katana held in front of me.

"Ah, as protective as always T." The bandit said. "I see you haven't changed ."

"Take the glasses and bandana off." I demanded.

"And as bossy as always ya know I figured after what? Almost three years? You'd at least lighten up a bit." He explained.

"Take them off or I'll slit your throat and let you bleed out on the road." I ordered once more. "And I won't ask again."

"Well." He said as he reached up to take off the accessories on his face. "That's no way to treat an old friend."

When his face was revealed I back up so far that I hit 10k.

"Not so tough now are we?" He asked.

"Joshua......." I whispered to myself. "I saw you die."

"No you left me to die." He said.

"Well in my defence why wouldn't I leave you to die considering all the things you did to me." I replied.