10: Burns

You didn't think your request was as ridiculous as Chuuya's face was making it look. There were other people dancing, engulfed by the melody surrounding them, and the red head was one of the few people practically stuck to the bar, his only enjoyment the unlimited liquor in the Port Mafia. You keep your hand on Chuuya's, squeezing as you beg him with your eyes, emotion slowly allowing itself to be expressed, the lid you always kept tightly on screwing off.

"The song is turning into a waltz..." he mumbles, eyeing the dance area uncomfortably then at the new bottle of wine waiting to be opened sadly.

"I don't-" Chuuya stops in his tracks when his gaze lands back on you, the excuse he had been about to give you lost in his jumbled up thoughts. Quickly looking away, he catches the eye of a mafioso simply watching the situation with an eyebrow raised, Chuuya then letting out a sigh of defeat and getting up, your hold on him finally loosening.

"Fine."

At his answer, you feel your heart flutter, thought you don't understand exactly why, you welcome the feeling as you walk with Chuuya to a space amongst the other mafia members simply having fun, drinking, dancing amongst each other to have an evening of simple celebration, something that apparently didn't happen often at all.

"Put your hand on my shoulder."

"What?" You take your attention away from your surroundings and place it back on Chuuya, the executive much closer to you than he had been mere seconds ago, face burning up.

"You wanted to dance, so put your hand on my shoulder before we both look like complete idiots."

"Oh, I-"

When you don't react, Chuuya takes your hand and pulls your closer to put your hand on his shoulder carefully as he had instructed, your other hand being taken gently in his as his other one rests almost hovering on your waist. Frozen in place, your mind starts to panic as you realize this was a terrible idea.

I don't know how to dance.

What am I trying to prove?

"If you're so uncomfortable, why did you-"

"I'm fine!" You insist, pride not allowing you to back away now that you are in such a position, Chuuya's eyes widening in surprise at your sudden response, trying not to focus on how close you two are.

"Ok, then just follow my lead." He nods, slowly pulling you to follow his footsteps to the best of the gentle waltz that had started, you trying your best not to step on him as you do as he said; follow his lead.

He's so calm...is it the alcohol?

You take a deep breath and allow yourself to relax a bit, taking your eyes off the flood and keeping them on Chuuya only, enjoying the way his hair moved with his smooth steps, his eyes so concentrated on keeping on beat with the song and everyone else, the warmth in them from the earlier evening sun melting into a cool blue with the moon rising, his face glowing with the shadows of his bright hair, contrasted deeply with the darkness of his outfit. In your eyes, Chuuya looks as you'd imagine power and elegance to look if they were to mix. He amazes you more than he confuses you, and you wish you could meet him again as someone else without such a past as yours.

"What?" Chuuya tilts his head in question when he notices you staring after he's finally got a rhythm going with you, his eyes studying your subtle expressions as you study his, your heart racing now as you try to think of something to say.

"I'm sorry."

What am I doing?

"For what?" He furrows his brows, unsure what to expect from you.