The Marionette: Part 2

'Will I always be a good puppet?'

Even as a young girl, it was a question you had buried deep in your subconscious, a nagging curiosity that only appeared to the subtle flickers of the moon whenever Dazai would praise you and call you his doll, his marionette under the darkest of the nights. Now, the question presented itself again, pushing through your memories and intoxicating the present.

'Is the title so wrong?'

You feel dirty sometimes, knowing you're damaged and knowing all you've done and continue to do, the names on your walls proof of your blurred moral lines and your own struggle for your humanity. You feel dirty looking into the azure eyes of Chuuya Nakahara, yearning for his kisses at any shared glance while you feel it's all undeserved...because a part of you feels suffocated by his light amongst the Port Mafia cruelty.

A part of you is truly nothing but a doll of the night, twisting the hearts and bones of all in your way.

"Will he understand, [f/n]? Don't you want more than physical steam? A marionette needs more than movement to keep it hooked. It needs the mind of another." Dazai's voice whispers in your ears as it always did, but this time it's different.

You're angry.

'Does he understand that? Does he see it in me too? Is being loved really all I wanted? Is this all it is?'

•••

*For those waiting for some nsfw, I will deliver sometime in part 2.