35: Unresolved

If the world ended right now, would you be satisfied being with me?

When you kissed Chuuya, there was no reluctance in his giving in, his response eager to your touch as his hands up to cup your face while you run your own through his hair, careful not knock his hat over to the outdoor pavement. Though the day outside is cold, you feel yourself growing hot under your layer of clothes as Chuuya takes the control away from you by deepening the kiss himself and leaning in to you, the taste of his lips sweet to you with the same effect candy would have on a child. Running his hands down your body until gripping at your waist, pulling you in with your hands around his shoulders, Chuuya pulls away and catches his breath, stopping you when you go to kiss him again.

"What happened today?" He asks you softly, though there's a seriousness in his eyes that sends a shiver down your spine.

"I already said-"

"I don't believe you, [f/n]. Do you still think I'm so dense?" Chuuya presses on, the distance between you two nonexistent. There is no annoyance in the way he talks to you despite his words, his whispers reaching your ears like a low melody, suggestive aggression being it's undertone.

"What do you mean?" You respond to his question with your own playfully though you ask in a challenge, dancing around the reality of his concern.

"Tsk, you know I pay attention to you more than anyone else..." The executive pushes you slowly to the wall leading down the stairs of the outdoor plaza in front of headquarters, gently pressing a kiss just above your lips.

"...you can't lie to me like that, I know better...and..."
He pauses as one of his gloved hands just barely brush over your neck, pulling down the turtleneck part of your dark sweatshirt, exposing it to the cold before placing a kiss there, blue eyes glancing to you as he does and meeting your own eyes as he leans back up with a suppressed smile.

"...I don't like it when you do."

When Chuuya finishes his sentence, lips hovering over yours, you feel yourself blush, your body unsettled and your heart racing while your hands lose their grip on his shoulders and slide down to his chest, subconsciously biting your lip before looking away from him, barely able to hold yourself together. Under your right hand you feel his heart beat just as wildly as your own right now, and you suddenly wish to be the one with the steering wheel of this conversation to watch his own face grow flustered under your attention as it does when you're more direct; when it's him who's at a loss for words.

I don't want to know the answer to my own questions. That's why I'm lying to you.

Though you originally wanted to talk to him for reassurance, a switch in your head had decided that it was best not to start testing things because of Dazai's words, and that whether he understood or not didn't matter to you. Not when he stands with you and makes your heart flutter. You had decided you wouldn't get burned by the sun he is for you by separating your doubts from your relationship...or whatever this was. Your doubts belong to Dazai, not Chuuya. Asking Akutagawa was a mistake as well.

Still, despite that conclusion...

What would he say if I was honest?

Why does it matter to him so much?

Would he still claim to love me?

"So what, Executive Nakahara?" You say as you turn your face back to look at him, a gust of wind blowing your hair over your face as you let go of Chuuya, taking his hands off you, an action met by confusion from the red-head.

"So what?"

"Yeah. So what if you don't like it?"

"Are you trying to play at something?" Chuuya suddenly crosses his hands over his chest and furrows his brows as he looks you over, irritation obvious on his face at your sudden change of attitude.