Chapter 12

_Chapter 12_

Elliot Warren

"Hey where were you yesterday? We kinda missed you during lunch," Christo wondered when we met in the hallway.

"I got sick," I shrugged. "It's fine though, wasn't that bad."

Well, I couldn't really remember what happened afterwards since apparently I passed out. That didn't really happen often besides, I didn't feel that sick when I woke up at home the next day. But Mom insisted on letting me stay at home for the next day. However everyone felt guilty as if it was their fault, of course I knew it wasn't. Actually it was mine. So, it was tiring to hear them constantly apologizing.

"Anyway you still didn't tell me what Ricky's punishment was," I changed the topic. "Did you decide to let it slip?"

"I told him to draw your dick," he laughed, hinting towards the conversation, more or less, we had back then. Though, I wasn't up for listening to him spouting bullshit again and wanted to leave when he stopped me. "Hey, I'm just kidding, I'm lowkey trying to make you fall for him," he raised his hands in innocence.

"What is just wrong with you sometimes?" I frowned. "Why would you want me to fall for him? Is it for distraction? That makes no sense. He's not trying to hit on your sister."

"What do you mean hit on my sister? Did he try that?! I'm not gonna waste my time and rip his head off if he did!" Is this guy stupid? I just told him that he didn't. "And I want you two to go out because you're cool."

"He might as well go out with Derek, if you aim for a cool guy," I joked with a ton of sarcasm but of course he took it serious.

"Nah, Derek is mine!" He hissed. I widened my eyes in shock. And he did the exact same as soon as he noticed what he said. "I mean as a friend, you know... like-" He didn't finish his mumbling a blush appeared on his face.

"No fucking way," I gasped and grabbed his arm, stopping his attempt of running away. "Are you serious?"

"Don't tell him! Please don't tell him! He'll kick my ass, oh my god he'll be so mad!" He panicked when I forced him to a rather quiet place, not the middle of the hall.

"You're crushing on Derek?" Weren't they like best friends, what was going on here?

"Crushing? That's cute. It's more like an obsession of love that won't ever be reality," he sighed. I took a moment to understand what was going on. "And yes I tried to fall out of love, even started seeing different girls. It's not that easy when almost everyone of them breaks up because they didn't feel like I was being serious with them."

"Okay hold on a second," I calmed him down. "Does anyone else know?"

"My sister knows. And it should stay that way. So, I beg you don't tell!" He sounded really desperate. God, I feel so sorry. Must be frustrating having a crush on your guy best friend. And from what I heard it wasn't some phase that lasted for a couple weeks until you realized it wasn't it, after all. "Elliot, promise you'll keep quiet."

"So you are really gay?" I narrowed my eyes at him

"Well let's say I like girls... And then there's Derek." I chuckled at that and shook my head. I was about to promise him that I wouldn't tell when suddenly Derek himself rushed to us letting us look like we were caught in the middle of a crime.

"Hey, Elliot! Good that I found you, I had been looking for you," he panted a bit when he frowned at our expressions. "Did something happen here? Why are you two looking like that?" Christo looked at me like he was horrified that I was going to tell.