Chapter 16

_Chapter 16_

Ricky Martinez

I'm pretty sure it was too obvious. The way I said it, the way I worded it was too obvious. And by his sudden change of behavior I could tell he knew something. During the time we had dinner, he was quiet almost lost in thoughts and afterwards he didn't even look at me anymore.

Liana dragged him to go play with her anyway, so he didn't have to face me for the time being. Still, I was  not sure whether it was a good decision that I said it or not. I didn't feel any regret yet. But if this continues on then I'm sure my opinion might change.

Especially because I didn't want him to resent me. I pretty much just hit on him. Only someone stupid wouldn't notice. And someone as sharp as Elliot should have already figured it out by now.

But the worst part was that I was unable to figure out what was going through his mind yet. What if he doesn't like it? He may be a little creeped out. Maybe I overstepped my boundaries. I mean, at least he hadn't been avoiding me so far.

A sudden pop up appeared on my phone when I saw Christo writing something in our group chat. 'Guys, my father just finished the pool and he's totally in the mood for some BBQ, wanna come over tomorrow?'

'Can Elliot tag along? He's crashing at my place now for the weekend' I wasn't sure whether he wanted to come but I just assumed he did. And if he didn't then I'm just going to force him. Means, he basically didn't have a choice.

'Yeah sure, what's he doing at your place tho? And what did he say to the drawing? Derek said he cried! Did he really?' Christo seemed to eager to write and sent the simple messages in four sets that I didn't even know what to answer first.

'His parents are out town' And then I considered telling the situation I got myself stuck in. 'And I just made him a sappy compliment and I think he took it quite personal and he's probably assuming something.'

'So you finally admitted you like him' Derek sent with a knowing emoji. And before I could reply anything to that Christo was quicker.

'When you say sappy compliment, how sappy do you mean?'

'Well sappy enough that he wouldn't look at me anymore. I think he knows. I'm pretty sure he does'

'Then might as well just confess. He won't hate you, I'm sure' That was stupid. When a simple compliment was enough to make him avoid my eyes then a confession would be the end. And confessing doesn't really seem to be my thing as we all know.

'That won't do' I put my phone aside when I heard the door opening. It was Elliot.

His eyes immediately averted as soon as ours met before he straightly headed for his bag as if he was in a rush. "I'm going to take a shower," he said.

"You'll be alright? Do you need help?" I worried but he didn't say anything and just left, closing the door behind his back. Damn, it's definitely not going well between us. I was trying my best to figure out how to loosen the atmosphere because at this point, he was already avoiding me and that was the exact opposite of what I wanted.

-

"Ricky!" Liana was calling me. I sighed, being way too lazy to get up from my bed after I already managed to make myself too comfortable.

"What?" She knocked my door open in a pout. "What do you want?"

"Elliot is blocking the bathroom!" She complained.

"Let him take his time, just go to the other bathroom if you have to pee!" I rolled my eyes at her but she didn't let me relax finally.

"But I don't have to pee, I just want to get the hairspray from there. And it's weird." Weird? I frowned and sat up, seeing as it grabbed my attention. "I had been knocking so many times but he didn't answer. Not a sound, not even of water."